Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility

Missouri

Discussion in 'Midwest' started by Bryce Echternacht, Sep 9, 2013.

1. StengRay21

StengRay21 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Hey Guys. Have been away from the forum for about a year but decided to get back at it. Anyone have any success in MO yet this year? This warm weather really wants to hang on and has made things a little tough in the southern part of the state.

2. Polecatmasten

Polecatmasten Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Hot weather has me practicing with my bow more than hunting. Cooler weather is coming )I have actually seen a lot of deer, the few times I've hunted. I think the big boys aren't coming out till after dark around here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. foodplot19

foodplot19 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Good luck up there. My aunt and uncle farm quite a bit of ground around LaPlata. Sounds like that Mississippi River ground would be awesome!!

4. foodplot19

Dislikes Received:
    Good Luck up there. My aunt and uncle farm quite a bit of ground around LaPlata. Sounds like that Mississippi River ground would be awesome! Good Luck this season!!

5. ultramax

ultramax Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    All of my ground is free,when the guy said 3 grand I just laughed and said no thanks. But now I would have spent the money.maybe next season I will lease my place and jump ship.

6. foodplot19

Dislikes Received:
    I couldn't afford to pay that much. We were fishing down by Bonneville on the river a couple of weeks ago, one of the farmers had leased his 1000+ acres for $10 an acre. Your deal sounds pretty good now. I'm sure you could lease yours out.

7. ultramax

Dislikes Received:
    Cutting corn today before the rain,we were flooded a week ago.seems like it takes a while for the deer to move back into this swamp flood plain ground. Should be great up north. I am going to drive to another farm in pike co. Where I have killed some nice ones.

8. foodplot19

Dislikes Received:
    Good luck. Keep us posted. I'm going to try and get out Saturday evening. Might be tough. Both of the boys are sick right now. Hopefully be better soon.

9. ultramax

Dislikes Received:

Sorry to hear it,kids sick and all. My 3 kids are in college one a truman in Kirksville the other in mo state and the girl in st charles. There is always something going on it seems.

10. foodplot19

Dislikes Received:
    Yes there is. If we had started having kids the same time as our friends, we would have kids that would be high school age.
    Nope, not us, I'll be the grandpa looking guy at our boy's graduation.

11. ultramax

Dislikes Received:
    River ground is flooded again,got about half the corn out on this pc. This is the 3rd time this growing season this section is covered with mud. Getting ready to drive north about 20 miles to pike co. Which also has a flood creek so the deer will be forced to travel up and down but not across. Raining now but I am going anyway.

12. foodplot19

Dislikes Received:
    Sorry to hear that about the corn. Will you still be able to get it out or did the river get it?
    Good Luck!! You might want to take hip waders with you in that case. It is supposed to be cool this weekend and if the rain will just stay away I'm going to try to get out Saturday evening for a few hours.
    I guess this all depends on the health of the boys. :confused:

13. ultramax

Dislikes Received:
    It's all standing there are a few areas where logs mowed down. The roads are all wiped out so I will can to take the front loader to the roads and scrape of three inches of mud so it can dry out and rebuild a creek crossing where it meets the river. There only a 100 ac of corn there but it's my best hunting spot but the standing corn holds all the deer the rest is swamp and steep ridges.
    Last night I got out to go up north and I found a flat on my hunting 4x4 truck,fixed it drove up to the other ground and it was a mud hole its 325 ac of crops mixed with ditches funnels and strips of woods connecting blocks of timber its a great spot not a lot of deer but a lot of 150 class deer with small doe groups in each block of timber so I hunt the funnels mostley. Well I got there there beans are out but still have a 50 ac field of standing corn,first thing I do is slide down a field into a washout in the 4x4 and I am stuck for about two hours finally I used come along and two 25 foot chains a winched myself out and got into the stand at 530. Only seen six deer all were on the corn edge. Had to come home and go to bed last night. Cleaning my clothes this morning for this eve hunt.

14. foodplot19

Dislikes Received:
    WOW!!! I thought last night with the 3 year old coughing from 2am until I got up at 4:30am was rough. You win the bad day award!!
    Of course this morning the boys are both doing much better. It looks like I might be able to make it to the woods tomorrow night after all. Good luck this evening. Let me know how you do. Surely with all the bad luck yesterday today will be better. :)

15. Mo Bow Hunter

Mo Bow Hunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Who not sure how I missed this thread. I hunt Lincoln and Marion county. Mostly Lincoln.

16. Mo Bow Hunter

Mo Bow Hunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I'm fighting same issue I hunt right on the river. The deer just started really coming back onto the property this past week. Which is pretty standard cause the corn on the other side of the Levi just got cut.

17. finnshady

finnshady Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    The dry creeks are so full down this way that I might have to get my scuba gear on just to get to the stand lol.

18. ultramax

Dislikes Received:
    I have lost 3 cams with the flash floods on my ground in lincoln co. I can't even get in to get the corn out much less hunt. I went up to pike co again today just threw mud to the sky,my poor truck then sat in the rain for three hours and zero deer.

19. ultramax

Dislikes Received:
    I hunt lincoln,pike,Kirksville area

20. foodplot19

Dislikes Received:
    We had some flooding south of us yesterday but not bad here.
    Sorry to hear about the corn and the cameras. Hopefully you'll get a dry stretch next week.
    I'm going to try it this evening. Have a good wind and a chance of rain again tomorrow.