Missouri

Discussion in 'Midwest' started by Bryce Echternacht, Sep 9, 2013.

1. kansasfever

kansasfever Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I had read that as well and it looked gray to me. I think I will just call the conservation department and see what they have to say. Thanks for the input!

2. mab

mab Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Hello, Missouri. Tennessee here. Planning on a move in maybe around 5 years. A lot can change in that amount of time, I know. I am curious, though, what everyone in Missouri thinks about their state. As far as deer go. Specifically, the amount and size of the deer in Missouri.
    I started a thread back in July of this year called "Best overall State to Bow hunt Whitetails." I would say that, of the states I am currently looking at, Iowa, for the most part, came up most. Actually had one bow hunter that lives in Iowa say he has hunted both states and he preferred Iowa.
    So, let me hear ya Missouri, what is your answer?
    I am not interested in any northern states as I am unable to handle the colder temps. Would much prefer Missouri over Iowa for that reason. Thanks Missouri.

3. anthonyzink

anthonyzink Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    hey guys im from kansas and was wondering if i could get some information about bow hunting some deer here in missouri!!! i want to try to bow hunt there next year!

4. kansasfever

kansasfever Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Hey guys, here to bug you again. I am heading to the Helton Wildlife area and also thought about going to the Grand Trace area and was wondering how the hunting was in those areas? The areas look pretty good but I am having a tough time deciding where to setup. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

5. ultramax

ultramax Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:

It's ok kind of spotty as far as deer numbers,I have a lot of ground to hunt in few county's in north mo.some ground has tons of deer while others you may see just a couple deer in a week. 2 deer 2 turkey on the tag and antler less bonus tags are $5 each

6. Stephen b

Stephen b Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Any here familiar with the Wayne county area round clear water lake I'm looking at leasing a farm in the area just wanted to know what class of deer can be expected and population of deer

7. carplanenut

carplanenut Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Hi Folks,
    Newbie to this sight. I'm in St. Louis and lease (2) farms, one in Pacific and the other in St. Charles County by Dutzow.

8. Stephen b

Stephen b Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Anyone here familiar with the Wayne county MO area I'm from LA AND LOOKING AT LEASING A FARM IN TGAT AREA JUST WANTED TO TGE CLASS OF DEER TGAT CAN BE EXPECTED

9. Bryce Echternacht

Bryce Echternacht Newb

Dislikes Received:
    How are everyone's deer looking this year

10. Bryce Echternacht

Bryce Echternacht Newb

Dislikes Received:
    We aren't seeing much to speak of. Moved cams around and added some

11. JLS

JLS Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    After the strange #s last year , it's looking like things are back to normal this year . Really think the drought of the last 2 years had just caused some movement last season , sure made it look like EHD had just wiped everything out though . Seeing a lot of good buck back were they're supposed to be ...... my farms :)

Hope everyone has a great season !!

12. CoveyMaster

CoveyMaster Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    My MO deer look fantastic this year. We didn't get hit much at all around our farms here locally. I'm guessing because of good water supplies here. Good deep, fresh water...from what I've read the midge flies thrive better around shallow crappy water.

13. wack-a-doo

wack-a-doo Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I have found that many farmers in this state are nice enough to let me hunt their ground maybe exchange a little work for the rights. Its a hit or miss game though Ive knocked on many doors and gotten some good ground to hunt.
    currently living in warrensburg mo. hunt in ralls, pike, franklin, marion, Johnson,and pettis county.

14. wack-a-doo

Dislikes Received:
    I have found that many farmers in this state are nice enough to let me hunt their ground maybe exchange a little work for the rights. Its a hit or miss game though Ive knocked on many doors and gotten some good ground to hunt.
    currently living in warrensburg mo. hunt in ralls, pike, franklin, marion, and pettis county.

15. wack-a-doo

Dislikes Received:
    Looking good for this season several nice bucks back on camera this year after some of the farms I hunt got hit pretty hard a year ago with blue tongue.

16. Bryce Echternacht

Bryce Echternacht Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Has anyone looked at the weather for opening day? I couldn't be more excited!

17. Cody_MidMO

Cody_MidMO Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Franklin County born and raised. Been out 5 times so far this season...nothing yet.

18. MizzouBowhunter

MizzouBowhunter Newb

Dislikes Received:
    The numbers look good in Cass county. Have a nice 4 yr old 10 pter that I would love to take. Also a cow bodied 7pter that would be awesome to have on the wall. Been out 3 times opening week and saw plenty of does and turkey. This past week with the hot temps I saw two deer. Looks like the next few days will cool down though should get a bit better. Good Luck

19. foodplot19

foodplot19 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Pleasant Hill, MO here.

chopayne, I'd be surprised if you can find free and private but good luck.

ultramax, We have a family farm just outside Gifford, if you know where that is and just S/O Kirksville. Both my folks were born and raised in LaPlata and I have cousins all over that area.

20. ultramax

ultramax Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Laplta is were my brothers farm is, here at my place I see 3-6 deer and my brother calls me and sees 20-30 deer on every hunt there. I am going up there in a few weeks when it's time to get serious. We are getting crops out here,will be in the corn for at least a week.
    My Dumass being cheap passed on a deer lease of a lifetime this season 400ac for 3000 $ that is a deer meca, nothing for this guy to see 7-9 bucks on a eve hunt and 20+ does great Mississippi River ground. I should have jumped on it,I gave him three cams to use and then he showed me just how bad I messed up. Funny thing my farm is only five miles from his and I have 10x the crops. I have big deer but they take a lot of time on stand to get it done.