Minnesota

Discussion in 'Midwest' started by greatwhitehunter3, Sep 9, 2013.

1. Tribal

Tribal Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Trying to connect with serious hunters via Twitter for current deer movement reports from Minnesota. Follow me and share your findings and opinions @Mnbowhunting. Can be anything we hunt in Minnesota. Thanks!

2. Grizzly Adams

Grizzly Adams Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Anybody hunt Bayport WMA? Checked it out preseason, and it looked pretty interesting but haven't had a chance to head out there yet to hunt.

3. bz5119

bz5119 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Anyone hunt vermillion river WMA or the Louisiana Swamp WMA? I'm planning on doing an evening sit or two before the season ends, hoping to fill a doe tag.

4. greatwhitehunter3

greatwhitehunter3 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    How's everyone doing getting ready for season which is coming pretty quickly?

5. TwoBucks

TwoBucks Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Great! I'm checking cards, hanging stands, checking foodplots, and starting mock scrapes on the 22nd and then letting it soak until season. Exciting times!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. ShaneB22

ShaneB22 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Still gotta move a ladder stand but the dang cattle are mean and would chase me around given the chance, so I have to wait until they come out of the back part of the pasture. They have to come out some time they've been out there for three weeks straight.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2015
  7. BigDaddy

BigDaddy Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    My buddy and I just got permission to hunt about 60 acres. I went out last Friday, and did a little scouting, and hung some cams. Going back this week sometime to check cams, and show him and his son around a little. It is 2 chunks that are about 30 acres a each. The one spot we probably won't hunt much since its mostly wetland. The other spot is about half hay. and then a little bit of CRP, with a nice chunk of woods behind that. I have not been in the woods yet. It is REALLY thick!!! There is a pond in the middle of the woods. This place has not been hunted in at least 4 years. This spot will mostly be hunted during the gun season,and muzzleloader season. This spot is about an hour drive for me, but it is right out his back yard. I have a 15 acre spot close to home that I will still bow hunt on, but I have not gotten any buck picks all summer.