Mike & Mike radio show

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by Lester, May 23, 2017.

1. Lester

Lester Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    For those that listen or watch Mike & Mike how many listen because of Greenberg? Does anyone else think it is crazy that he is getting his own TV show?

w33kender likes this.
  2. w33kender

w33kender Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I listened to them hardcore until local sports radio went to CBS about six years ago. I enjoyed those guys a great deal. Greeny's a liberal, but imo, he is a fair liberal. If I was going to watch any talk show on ESPN TV (and I can't because of working hours), it would be Greenberg.

I remember during the John Rocker controversy (2000?), he was one of the only voices of reason when everyone was piling on Rocker. Sarah Jessica Parker, for one, said he shouldn't be allowed in baseball, blah blah blah. Greeny pointed out that some may find Parker's show "Sex in the City" morally repugnant and asked allowed how she might feel if someone said she shouldn't be allowed to act anymore.

He played the devil's advocate pretty well. He also refused to answer Golic about who he voted for in the 2000 election. Golic had just commented that he wished Clinton could run again. Greeny said he preferred to keep his voting record private.

3. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Don't think the show will last he is part of the problem with ESPN.

Swamp Stalker likes this.
  4. remmett70

remmett70 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I don't think I listened because of either of them, more so for the guests they have. I always liked Greenberg more than Golic.

5. tynimiller

tynimiller Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I loved the fact Greeny and Golic were quite the opposites...to be honest I think neither will be successful without the other now. I place Golic with a better chance though...

w33kender likes this.
  6. Swamp Stalker

Swamp Stalker Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
  7. Justin

Justin Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    Greenberg carries the show. He brings the intellect and drama. Golic, as much as I like him, isn't going to make it without Greenberg. Unless they find someone as charismatic and intelligent, with just the right amount of annoying to make you want to punch him in the mouth every now and again.

8. Cooter/MN

Cooter/MN Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I agree Greenberg does carry the show. I like to listen to both of the Mikes but I think the show sufffers more when Greenberg is absent versus Golic. I think their opposite personalities work well together.

9. tynimiller

tynimiller Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Oh I agree, but still feel Greeny has more of an uphill battle on his own vs Golic with a new co-host (heard it will actually be a trio)