Midwest Summer Patterns Over?

Discussion in 'Midwest' started by boof, Sep 7, 2013.

1. boof

boof Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    What are the Midwest guys seeing for patterns right now?

I've pretty much lost contact with all my previously patterned bucks and have been picking up a couple new ones on camera.

2. Siman/OH

Siman/OH Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    My buck activity is going down from what it was as well and I still have 3 weeks till season.

A Non-Prostaffer posting from my Samsung Galaxy s4

3. tacklebox

tacklebox Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Yep All my deer bucks and does started making the switch right before 9/1. My place is absolutely flooded with does now. Haven't seen FC or Lucky in about 10 days now ( they will return 3rd week of Oct judging by last year) Also a few new younger bucks making appearances.... but this is good for me, means The Backyard Buck should show up anyday!!!!!! yippee

4. fletch920

fletch920 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    We are in a terrible drought and i think it has messed with the deer patterns. Least amount of rain in the month of August EVER! It has been so hot and dry that I think the deer are moving very little.

5. illinoishunter13

illinoishunter13 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    acorns and water that's where i've got my best signs. The ground around this oak is stomped pretty good yet there's still plenty left. hope I can kill one near there come season

6. frenchbritt123

frenchbritt123 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    We have nine different bucks, with two we would shoot on film. I think we only had one or two at the end of July. All of the bucks showed up in August for us. Last year we did not have this kind of buck activity this early. I don't know what to expect from here on out to be honest.

7. Skywalker

Skywalker Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    My last pull, I had several bucks that I had not previously seen on and there were several that I had been seeing that were not on the cams. Of coarse the big bucks are the ones missing and now I have several new average bucks.....

8. JakeD

JakeD Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Surprisingly most of the bucks are still on the same pattern. Checked the cams yesterday and saw a couple have shed their velvet.

9. Dunn County

Dunn County Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Pulled a cam the other day ands till had 2 shooters running same daylight patterns. Friday pull will tell everything.

10. Dillon

Dillon Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Not getting as much pictures. Buck pictures have went way down.

11. jrk_indle84

jrk_indle84 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Pictures have dropped off from earlier this summer. Was still getting a few nice bucks on cam but a couple have not shown in a while. Between the hot temps we've been having and a lot a farming activity on farm its not that big of a surprise.

12. austin97

austin97 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    the bucks here have started to go nocturnal and change there patterns. time to move cams!!

13. ultramax

ultramax Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Lots of things trigger the change in the summer pattern here,dove season opened putting lots of shooting in the fields of beans at the same time the acorns started to drop just as the antlers start to harden. The next new crop here is apples and persimmon trees so i have moved cams on them in advance once they pickup the season will be open and the wait will begin. With the high temps i only seen 1 doe all weekend at the lake and we have tons of acorns there.

14. wolvenkinde

wolvenkinde Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    3 cams that I checked on the property here have shown me 4 new bucks(3 rack bucks and a long hoop spike) that were no here all summer. 2 just moved onto the property coming from inside the city limits. Tells me that these are the bucks that I will see until last week of Oct and Early Nov(along with a couple more still to movein) ...summer is over here for sure. I don't even bother with summer patterns because everything changes about now and these bucks will stay till just before rut starts - then its any bodies guess where any particular buck might go since that is up to the does.

15. picman

picman Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Still seeing the same 5-6 bachelor group bucks I have seen all summer plus a couple roamers that show up every now and again. The beans have kept them close. Only 4 days to the opener....2 bucks have shed velvet. Have to wait until the rest do and then I bet the pattern will change somewhat.

16. ultramax

ultramax Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    98 in the shade today, never see it so dry my yard has 1 inch cracks in it.so it's got to be hard on the deer my trail cams have slowed Down to a crawl even in the stream bed here