Matrix targets

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by trtodd13, Feb 23, 2017.

1. trtodd13

trtodd13 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Just saw they were funding for a new target system. Has the modular design but its a little smaller and its square. You can get a nice discount by preordering here https://www.giru.com/project-detail?projectId=2403
    Thought i would pass the info along.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Bowhunting.com Forums mobile app

2. Innovative Outdoorsman

Innovative Outdoorsman Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Interesting. What happens when a broadhead tipped arrow slices through the bands that hold the thing together?? They seem very pricey for their size.

3. trtodd13

trtodd13 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    The idea is to shoot the center and rotate modules as it becomes worn out so you should never be anywhere near the straps but they do offer replacements. They are pricy but I shot out an 18-1 in just over a year so buying a new one for two years covers the cost of a matrix. With the 18-1 even though there are different aiming points it all degrades one center whereas the each matrix module had their own center.

4. Innovative Outdoorsman

Dislikes Received:
    no, I understood the idea/concept. The question was based on that understanding. We have an 18-1 that we don use (is been shot a couple dozen times with field points only) We stopped using it and it sits there because getting arrows out is a pain because the target is so small so you have to tip it on its back and stand on it (but it wants to roll when you do that) as you try to wrestle the arrows out. We found the 18-1 to be a waste of money and will likely sell it. Now that we are making huge broadhead targets that’s all we use. We shoot out to 100 yards so the extra real estate is a bonus and because we can shoot all 6 sides, the targets last a very long time.

5. trtodd13

trtodd13 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Is your target a solid foam material? I can see needing something larger for 100 yard shots! I prefer to shoot broadheads as much as possible so my targets take a beating

6. Innovative Outdoorsman

Dislikes Received:
    At its core is what we are calling "Dark matter" and its the most dense of layers in the middle. Next to that is "grey matter" which is less dense. and as we work our way outward we have less dense layers until we reach the outermost layer with is 2" thick white ethafoam, at 1.7 Lbs Sq/ft and it white while the aiming points are black. A Compound version weighs about 40 lbs. A trad archer version is 28 Lbs. Here you a see one of ours next to an18:1

[​IMG]

7. trtodd13

trtodd13 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
  8. Rangerdan

Rangerdan Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Great concept, but I think the price point will deter most.

9. Innovative Outdoorsman

Dislikes Received:
    Agreed. When I came here a while back asking for suggestions for a price point for our oversized broadhead targets it was clear people want quality targets but will only pay a small amount for them. Making a quality and long lasting broadhead target means they are going to cost a lot but I think people only want a $50 target even if it only lasts one season.

10. pick00l

pick00l Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Love the concept. Way too expensive for me for it's size. Agree with the concept though. I started shooting 50 yards this year and always aiming for the middle... Like the idea that walk back tuning is incorporated into it.