Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility

Mathews Z3 feedback

Discussion in 'Intro to Bowhunting & Archery' started by jcz, Feb 22, 2016.

1. jcz

jcz Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I was wondering what you all think of the Z3? This bow is in my budget and handled about 6 bows different makes and models. Now I know you get what you pay for but after handling the Halon and HTX is the Z3 a huge drop off from the top dogs. Or should I find a way to justify the extra money? Please keep in mind that I only hunt 2 or 3 days a week.
    Thanks for the feedback

2. SharpEyeSam

SharpEyeSam Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Just to clarify, do you only hunt 2 or 3 days out of a week during the hunting season or 2 or 3 days every week during hunting season? Either way, don't settle and get what you want. If I only hunted 3 days a year, I would have still bought the Mathews Halon 6. Because I think it is an awesome bow and well worth the money I spent. For many of us bows are an investment and we keep them for many years. Ask yourself this, "If I buy the Z3 will I be happy that I did and have no regrets?" If you will be happy go for it! If you have doubts, buy the bow you like the most. Just my .02!!

3. jcz

jcz Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks Sam Sorry about that, I would have time to hunt 2 or 3 times a week every week of season depends never know. Anyway I know what your saying but what stood out to you on the halon that justified the extra coin and not just a couple dollars? I respect the fact that your bow or others bow is considered an investment. I feel the same way and that's why I'm gathering as much info as I can but that does not necessarily mean the top of the line bow is a good investment. Shot them all but being a novice there is no clear stand out. Man who said shopping for bows was fun..
    Thanks

4. SharpEyeSam

Dislikes Received:
    I totally understand man. You have A LOT of choices. What got me about the Halon 6 was how quiet it is and how dead it is in my hands when I shoot it. The cam is not jumpy when I am at Full Draw and holding it there. I also noticed what a difference the 85% Let off makes when I am at Full Draw and I go to let the bow down. It remains Solid in the Back Wall for quite a while until I let it down a good ways. It is also Really Fast!! I have shot many Dual Cam bows, but never wanted to own one. Until I shot this one, it was just right for me. I hope this helps!! :tu:

5. jcz

jcz Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks Sam this helps and congrats on your new rig.

6. SharpEyeSam

Dislikes Received:
    No problem. Glad I could help!!

7. killer chill-r

killer chill-r Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    DONT SETTLE!!! Get what you want! A bow is a big investment. I had a friend who settled on a Heli-m, who now regrets it after shooting my Chill-R! Being the good friend I am I loaned him the Chill-R & now he wants to buy it!

8. jcz

jcz Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks Killer Chill I am shooting again at the end of the week that includes the Halon, No cam htx, Z3 and the Hoyt line up. After that I should have clear choice. I found out I should forget budget and buck up for what feels good as much as it kills me..

9. TKP030

TKP030 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    dont settle otherwise you find that itchy feeling to upgrade. but on a side note only 2 to 3 times a week? thats what i dream about being able to do key word being dream haha

10. jcz

jcz Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks TKP030 I am not going to settle I know the feeling about upgrading only after a year or 2 to better so that's why I'm testing as many as I can along with great feedback from yall.. As far as hunting 2/3 days a week I guess My wife is very understanding along with me working my tail off in offseason. Anyone can do it just make the time you only live once do what ya love with the ones ya love they say