Mathews VXR vs Hoyt RW help please

Discussion in 'Equipment Reviews' started by Justin21, Apr 15, 2020.

1. Justin21

Justin21 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I have always been a Hoyt guy shot them for 17 years (only 2 in the time). So obviously I have been thrilled with hoyts products since they have lasted me so long. Long story short I was going to my local bow shot to buy the new Hoyt RW carbon ultra after researching it on line and YouTube. Before making a final decision I tried the Mathews VXR 28 and it felt so smooth now I’m confused.

29” draw 70 lbs and I mainly hunt from a tree stand. Thanks for any help

2. Mod-it

Mod-it Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Everyone will tell you to go with the one that felt the best to you when you shot it. Normal procedure, for those that aren't super brand loyal anyway, is to research what bows meet the requirements you want and then go to a shop and shoot them. Buy the one that feels the best when you shoot it. I personally would pick the one that felt the best and then do one more round of quick research, just to make sure there aren't known common failure issues (says the guy that bought a Bowtech in the middle of their limb delamination problems). Then buy that sucker and have fun.
    I'm the same as you, I tend to use a bow for man yyears before I decide to replace it. I used an Alpine Denali for about 12 years before buying my current bow about 4 years ago.