Mathews vs PSE

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by Deanh90, Apr 6, 2013.

1. indynotch50

indynotch50 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    The more I hang out at my local shop the more bows I shoot. He deals in bowtech, diamon, PSE, Elite, and is one of the largest strothers dealers in the country.

Me, I shoot a mathews. Yeah I catch hell going there for it, but he knows how much I love it. Actually, look at my sig, it's still a bowtech insanity. I traded my z7 xtreme for him. Before I went on vacation, I dropped off my new z7 xtreme to him to get fixed up how I like it.

We both shot the new DNA when it came in. I didn't like it at all. There was no back wall and it felt like no let-off at all. We looked at each other like "wtf". Yeah it's fast, but I can't see myself in a treestand with it.

My mathews, as I told the owner of the shop, if armageddon comes tomorrow, I'm going through it with my mathews.

2. indynotch50

indynotch50 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Also, I may no watch the most hunting shows, but by far I see more commericals for other bows. Yeah mathews markets and they do a good strategic job at it, but I don't think it's any more than any other company with a big budgets. Actually, in my opinion bowtech has the largest marketing budgets.

3. wreck73

wreck73 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I love my PSE Brute but then again I don't have a bunch of experience with Mathews either.

4. JamesxCreedx

JamesxCreedx Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Ive tried other bows and shot almost every newer bow in the last 3 years but when it comes down to spending my hard earned money.... It always comes down to a mathews. IMO you cant beat a mathews. PSE is a great company but their bows lack the warmth that I feel when I hold my mathews.

5. massmam

massmam Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Nowadays all high end bows are the same quality and the same price!!!!

6. hunthard

hunthard Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Its all in what you like ,or prefer, me ,I look for shootability,and then the most important (to me ) kinetic energy. I have owned 3 mathews , and im not knocking them or any other bows most are equal. I like a bow that has speed , smoothness ,and good kinetic energy at lower poundage ,and so far pse and bowtech are at the top ,go to any honest Bow shop and check for yourself .Im not knocking any brands just my 2 cents and a proven fact that i look for ....my choice PSE Xforce

7. MBrauer

MBrauer Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Most bows from the front running companies these days are all extremely capable. I personally went with Mathews because I have always loved the company and it shoots amazing. I chose the Creed over the Chill because I liked the simpler single cam and also they only had all black chills.

Comparing the front runners is like comparing Ferrari to Lamborghini. They are both amazing vehicles, but it is all about personal preference. If you have the cash to put into a bow, go with what feels best. If you feel comfortable then you will shoot better and perform better under pressure. I wish you could shoot them all blindfolded but thats not too safe...