Mathews Triax First Look

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by Bowhunting.com Staff, Nov 14, 2017.

1. Bowhunting.com Staff

Bowhunting.com Staff Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    802bowlife likes this.
  2. BowHood

BowHood Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    To short for me

3. used2belucky

used2belucky Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I shot one at my local pro shop last night.. it was set up at 29" 70lb. smoothest and quietest shooting bow I've ever put my hands on. in hand noticeably shorter than my halon 32. drawn back I didn't notice at all.. feels exactly like my halon but a LOT smoother and quieter on release..

4. Blarney22

Blarney22 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I hope everyone flocks to these so I can buy their Halon 32 second hand :biggrin:

Hillbilly Jedi likes this.
  5. Marauder

Marauder Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    That definitely won't be me. One reason I didn't like the Halon is because of the 30 inch axle to axle. Not a fan of short A2A. I could definitely see this being a very attractive bow to many hunters!

6. Justin

Justin Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    IMO too many people focused on the ATA. The Z7X and Creed XS both proved that 28" ATA bows handle and shoot very well. Additionally, the Triax is 33" from end of the cam to end of the cam. At full draw it's about 31" so the string angle isn't terrible by any means. Heck, the Fitzgerald boys are still shooting theirs with fingers. :lol:

7. BowhunterJeremiah

BowhunterJeremiah Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:

I say go shoot it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. MNBowBender

MNBowBender Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Don’t knock it till you try it. I went to the shop today to give it a whirl thinking it wouldn’t be for me. Ended up trading in my ChillR for it, and that is 33” ATA... I shoot the flagship bows every year across the board and this is the first bow in a few years I felt was an upgrade from my Chill. There is literally no hand shock, none. It’s hard to describe honestly, just go shoot one is all I’m saying. 8EB6970B-5511-4610-8DAD-A88A2FB3D4AF.jpeg

9. mhouck06

mhouck06 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I honestly thought this was the year I was going to switch back to Hoyt. I really liked the Red WRX RX1 and I also liked the Hyperforce. I saw the videos for the Triax yesterday morning, I was kind of disappointed. I went to shoot it last evening and boy was I surprised. I'm glad I waited and did not lay any money down on either of the Hoyts. I instantly fell in love with the Triax, so much so that I ordered one last night...

10. WillO

WillO Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Ugh, didn't need to see this.

I almost ordered the new Hoyt the other day but didn't last minute. Iv bought 3 bows already this year and now this could be my first Mathews and may make it 4

11. Justin

Justin Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    Got my ABB Platinum string/cables on tonight and got the bow fully tuned up. I had a minor tail left tear through paper that I just couldn't get out so ended up having to swap the top hats on the top cam around to get it lined out. Once that was done she tuned through paper great. Set at 71 lbs, 29" draw length shooting a 440 grain arrow I'm getting 295 fps which I'm very pleased with. Used the UNO app to determine my sight tape and the only thing left to do is take her outside and shoot at distance this weekend. If all goes well tomorrow I will most likely be hunting with it on Sunday.

12. Hillbilly Jedi

Hillbilly Jedi Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    You're not making this easy JZ, nor is anyone else for that matter. You made the point of the short ATA and shooting from a blind which is 90% of my hunting and got me thinking it's a bow to look at. My dad had bought the No Cam about 2 years ago and hunted with it very few times. Since he passed Oct. 2016 I thought there was a chance my step-mom would be kind enough to let me have it since she can't use it but no. That (insert unkind word of choice here) already sold all his hunting stuff according to her lawyer. Looks like I'll be checking out the Triax here pretty soon.

13. TKP030

TKP030 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Maybe next year they will come out with the hand me down version with a longer draw weight. I hate bow reviles, very rarely is there a new flagship that has a 32” draw weight.

Sent from my iPhone using Bowhunting.com Forums

14. Slugger

Slugger Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I really wish I could get my hands on one of these to shoot. Seems like alot of you like it.