mathews halon x 50 pound bow

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by newfoundwolf, Jan 27, 2019.

1. newfoundwolf

newfoundwolf Newb

Dislikes Received:
    hey guys just wondering abow you Mathews guy. have any of you bought Mathews bows and turned them up past spec weight... say a 50 pound turned up past 50 or even you 60 pound limb bows how far past spec weight could you turn them up. would low to know what limb weight your Mathews bows bottomed out at. thanks guys mathews-halon-lost-xd-268x405.jpg

2. davidingle

davidingle Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Most mathews will be 2-3 pounds or so over advertised weight with the limb bolts tight however I had one that drew 10 pounds over and they sent me a new set of limbs. The guy I talked to at Mathews said he thought that was in spec but I guess I can send you new ones if you aren't happy (I don't think he was a tech).. That being said you might be able to squeeze a pound or two more out of the bow playing with the strings and cables.

3. newfoundwolf

newfoundwolf Newb

Dislikes Received:
    are you thinkning I may I may be able to get 52 pounds out of a 50 pound limbs is they are turned down all the way with out twiting the strings and cables?

4. davidingle

davidingle Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Most likely, will come down to your bow though. Mathews would still consider that to be "in spec" for 50 pound limbs.