Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility

Massachusetts season opener!!!!!

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by bowsie15, Oct 14, 2012.

1. KyleLewis

KyleLewis Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Missed a doe tonight. Thats 2 misses for me now. =(

2. SRMartin15

SRMartin15 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I haven't gotten a chance at a shot yet let's hope soon...

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

3. Bob Thomas

Bob Thomas Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Nice and cold tonight, I'll be out there in the morning.

4. bowsie15

bowsie15 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Yup me too going to trying to go out in am and pm every day. Then leaving for Maine for a week of rifle season.

5. KyleLewis

Dislikes Received:
    Im going right back to the tree I climbed on saturday when i shot at that doe. Alot of big buck sign around there!!! Picked up some new wool camo for this week. It's gunna be cold, the rut is in full swing, HERE WE GO!!!! Good luck guys!

6. Bob Thomas

Bob Thomas Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Good luck everyone!

7. bowsie15

Dislikes Received:
    Was out this am and about to get out of stand for the pm hunt saw one deer couldn't tell what it was and on another note it was snowing at 6 am for about 10 mins. Tomorrow going to be in the 20's.

8. juice9

juice9 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    stuck at work all day today. I would think the chasing will start this week? alot of deer in the woods just need one of those big guys I have on trail cams! might need the sleeping bag in the treestand wednesday! God luck everyone and shoot straight and aim true!

9. Adamant2010

Adamant2010 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Anyone else going out in the am?...I know its supposed to be a little windy with the storm moving in but they may be moving more because of it?

10. bowsie15

Dislikes Received:
    I'm going in I saw on the news it's not going to hit till afternoon but that was earlier I got my alarm set if I wake up and it's crappy I'll go back to bed!!!

11. bowsie15

Dislikes Received:
    Woke up at 5 and it was blowing like crazy. Looks like no hunting till at least Friday.

12. Adamant2010

Dislikes Received:
    Went out this morning...wasn't blowing to bad...So I get up late today and debate going out.. I go...On my way out I get about 150 yards from my stand and a reach back for my jacket...its not there...a have to retrace 200 yards until I find it...by now its 545am I'm sweating like an SOB after this trek...get to my stand and As I start climbing up I look into the field to my west two big does(i think they were does...couldn't see antlers but I swear they were walking like bucks) are just staring at me...just my luck today! They didn't blow they just stared for a couple mins and then went about their business...I get up in the tree and I finish getting dressed and settle in about 30 mins later a 3 pointer comes by about 35 yards out...I'm thinking since I don't have a doe tag this guy could be some good meat for the freezer...never get a clear shot...he trots across the field and I see another deer that was just inside the woodline across the field take off...must have been the does I saw earlier...he goes chasing after them. I figure thats it for the day so I get down and on my way out start making a little ground blind for a different deer trail...I'm moving some branches and look across the field and the 3 pointer is staring at me, I freeze and slowing drop and crawl to my bow and grab "the can" call. I let out a couple bleats and work my way up to the field edge as i get 5 yards from the edge a slowly stand up and he's 15 yards away dead down wind, as soon as i popped up he took off! So it turned out to be a pretty cool encounter and morning! Waiting for friday to get out again!

13. REMYNGTON

REMYNGTON Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    That sure sounds like one adventurous morning. Pretty cool :) I definitely won't be getting out till Friday down here in RI.

14. juice9

juice9 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Sounds like a good morning! going to try and go out in the morning before work.

15. bowsie15

Dislikes Received:
    Damn now I wish I went in good story!!!!

16. bwebb2

bwebb2 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Well boys the rut is on! My school schedule allowed me to get out for a sit tonight, and I’m very glad I decided to brave the elements. I was walking in, and when I got about 20 yards from where I was going to sit I heard the thundering of hooves. I looked up to see a doe crash through the brush and run five yards to my left. Right on her tail were the two biggest bucks that I’ve ever seen! Both of them were enormous 8 points. They all sprinted by me extremely fast, so all I could do was stand there in shock. I turned around and a little 6 point was following their trail with his nose to the ground, but he saw me move and took off. If I had been in a minute earlier those bucks would have run 10 yards from where I was sitting, and I might have been able to stop one of them. I also got a series of pictures on my camera from this morning that show a doe sprinting by being chased by something, but I didn't get any shots of the buck behind her. I'll be back out there this weekend. Good luck everybody!

17. bowsie15

Dislikes Received:
    Good to know!!!! And it's that time of year baby!!!!

18. Adamant2010

Dislikes Received:
    Yes it is!!! Cant wait to get back out this week!

19. KyleLewis

Dislikes Received:
    Went out for a full day sit today. Didnt see or hear a thing. Too windy I think. I thought the cold temps would have them on the hoof, that didn't pan out. Might go out tomorrow.

20. bowsie15

Dislikes Received:
    Doesn't look like ill be able to get out til Friday morning this weather is crazy. My buddy in Millis has 4" of snow. We have all rain on the south shore. I would of loved to have snow this early in the season.