Martin Firehawk

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by canadianmedic, Sep 12, 2016.

1. canadianmedic

canadianmedic Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I just bought my first bow it is a Martin Firehawk. Anybody else use this brand or used in the past? If so what are your thoughts on this bow good or bad!

2. Bradleyprejean87

Bradleyprejean87 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Well welcome to bow hunting... first off lets just say ANY BOW is better than NO BOW... the martins aren't very popular and in all honesty they aren't that bad but they do have a few flaws that makes them what they are.. a less expensive compound bow. the first problem with them is the riser if you really pay close attention to the riser of the bow it will be multiple pieces put together because they dont have the machines capable of cutting 1 piece risers and anytime you have a riser that isn't one piece there is going to be movement and movement on the foundation of a bow causes less accuracy down range.. but that being said don't think that those martins can't kill a deer! they just have a very high chance of failure while shooting because of the riser design...

If it was me i'd shoot it learn my basics and save up to get a better grade bow later down the line! Just have fun and stay shooting!

3. Lung Buster

Lung Buster Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    What year is your Firehawk? Bradley is correct Martin did have 3 piece risers for many years but I have never had any issues with them! I have shot many Martins over the years and still continue to shoot them!! Put a new string on it and sling some arrows!! It will get the job done!

4. tkaldahl2000

tkaldahl2000 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I killed my first deer with a Martin Phantom II quite a long time back (12 years?). I would probably still have that bow if I had not given it to a kid that was just getting into archery. It was the first bow I ever had where the tech selling it paid attention to my draw length. Going from the 30 inch draw length on my old White Tail II and the Golden Eagle that I had to 29 made a huge difference in my accuracy.

5. canadianmedic

canadianmedic Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I am not sure what year the bow is. I can email the seller and find out.

6. Lung Buster

Lung Buster Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Is there a sticker on the inside of the limb with any info on it?