Market for footage

Discussion in 'Videography & Photography' started by BigHoss, Sep 16, 2015.

1. BigHoss

BigHoss Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I'm not in to filming but with a little one at home I spend a lot of time watching various shows on TV and on the web. My question is how much of a market is there for footage? I was watching a show tonight on TV and 5 to 10 sec shot of a buck and setup I know I have seen on another web show that is not at all affiliated with this TV show. Do TV shows buy footage similarly to the way a magazine may buy an article from freelancers?

Sent from my miracle pocket communication device.

2. DD/MO

DD/MO Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    There might be some stock footage out there that shows buy. Most likely the person who got the footage is affiliated with the web show and gave it to the TV show as well. I own a TV show called The Break. I've had people send me footage that they've aired on their own web show or even another TV show. I'm actually going to be on Destination Whitetail later this year and they'll be showing some of my hunts that already aired on my show. They're not paying me...I'm just giving it to them for the exposure. I would imagine that's the case with the footage you saw.