Marc Anthony

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by frenchbritt123, May 5, 2014.

1. jrk_indle84

jrk_indle84 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    How do you explain numerous different pics of the same deer with a messed up rack? If they're all photoshopped as well someone went Into a lot of trouble to make this guy look bad. There three or four pics earlier in this thread of the deer in question that is a little off.

Of course the side by side comparison is photoshopped, it was meant to be a side by side of two pics taken at different times. The antlers aren't what made this all blow up it was someone posting hero shots off this Anthony guys website that caused questions.

2. frenchbritt123

frenchbritt123 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I guess what doesn't make sense about your statement (to me) is people have said that he won the contest (in 2010) with the rack "in question" and you are saying he was thrown out of the contest.

3. Thack's Rack Shack

Thack's Rack Shack Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I understand and have the same question as you. That's the part that doesn't fit for me either. I know the situation I am referring to ended like this. No-one said a word or even knew who the pretender was, so at the awards ceremony, his name was called and when he approached the table he was told that replica's were not allowed and his entry had been disqualified. That was it. Nothing more said, by him or those officiating.. There were some of his family/friends/supporters there in attendance. As they began to question him, he quickly led them out of the room and nothing more was said by those officiating. But up until that moment, I'm sure everyone else thought this entry would win as the largest typical archery entry. Same guy? Not sure yet. Can anyone produce a record of his "winning"? Or did everyone assume he would win? Three days of people passing thru seeing the scores posted by the mounts, and only a handful of people jammed into the awards ceremony room at the end of the event that would know the entry had been disqualified. I know who scored the rack that I am referring to and I am trying to make contact with him. He will know who it was that tried to pull off this caper. If it turns out that it was Marc Anthony, I guess we will know for sure then won't we? I will be back when I know more.

Last edited: May 27, 2014
  4. Thack's Rack Shack

Thack's Rack Shack Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Well, I got one question answered. It was Ron Wilmore that scored the rack at his house, not at the Classic. The head appeared in Anthony's booth, but only the official score sheet was brought to the competition chairman, so the only person to see the head was Ron prior to the convention. However, I'm told that Ron questioned the head at the time of scoring it due to some paint, varnish, and other substances found on the rack. The rack did in fact win Best of Show. I'm told that DNR is investigating the rack for possible Lacey Act violations. If no violations are found, it would appear that Anthony didn't violate any laws, but may have snookered a bunch of fella hunters with a replica, or constructed rack, which has been done many times over already, OR..........it could be that he killed the deer as claimed. So this kind of discredit's my story above as being the same guy or at least the same year anyway. But what hasn't changed is that I've seen this rack before. If I can find that mold over the next couple of days I will let you know.

Last edited: May 28, 2014
  5. Lester

Lester Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I have been trying to stay out of this so far. I have met Marc a number of times and he seams like a pretty good guy. Some of my good friends are very close to Marc and it does look like the same rack but I don't think we will ever get all of the details as what happened. He has already been found guilty in the court of public opinion but I do not see how they can find him guilty of violating the Lacy act. This has nothing to do with bringing an illegally killed deer across state lines.