Marc Anthony

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by frenchbritt123, May 5, 2014.

1. virginiashadow

virginiashadow Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    This guy is sounding more and more like a big time liar.

2. StringPuller#1

StringPuller#1 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Am I going to be the only one admitting to buying and using one of his gillie suits..................it's a really sweet suit :)

3. jrk_indle84

jrk_indle84 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Use one for coyote hunting. It is actually a decent suit

4. TwoBucks

TwoBucks Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    In my mind, he is obviously lying. If he was telling the truth he would have publicly posted a picture of his buck with the dead rack in the same picture. Simple.

5. Swampthing

Swampthing Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    He has denied buying the dead head and at this point there is no proof of him buying the dead head, even though it most likely happened.

6. choppersk61

choppersk61 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    You guys are funny...

7. StringPuller#1

StringPuller#1 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Reminds me of that Greek myth story about the dude that flew too high up and got too close to the sun..........we all have our personal failings and trials/temptations in life. It's always way easier to point the finger and laugh at someone else's mistakes to avoid looking in the mirror and seeing how you could be a better person in life..........

8. Justin

Justin Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    That's the thing - he didn't really deny it. It only denied buying it from someone in Kansas.

If that isn't a sidestep of the issue at hand I don't know what is. He then goes on to blame everyone else and try to move the issue in another direction by bringing up phony fundraisers, cyber predators and anything else that would serve to draw attention away from having to explain the controversy surrounding his buck.

That entire response he wrote did nothing but avoid the question at hand. If Marc is truly out of hunting he may be well served in politics.

9. Swampthing

Swampthing Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:

Agreed. His response was laughable.

My point was just that it's not as simple as him just showing his buck and the deadhead at the same time, even though that could help clear up the issue.

10. virginiashadow

virginiashadow Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Did you kill the buck sir?

I like chocolate ice cream.

Sir, did you kill the buck?

I didn't buy the antlers anywhere in India.

Hey man, did you take some dead head antlers and put them on a friggin skull and pose with it?

I like my eggs scrambled.

11. Skywalker

Skywalker Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
  12. Spear

Spear Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    It shows he has no integrity. Anyone who would cheat at a hobby-sport-passion like hunting is a toolbag. I mean anyone with a smidge of common sense would have more respect for a guy who legally shoots a 6 pointer every year over a numbnut who buys a deer head and attaches it to a deer he killed just for fame or maintaining the status quo of being a trophy hunter.

13. frenchbritt123

frenchbritt123 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
  14. trial153

trial153 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I can see how you can forget a 190 ... Man you guys are too critical..

15. Justin

Justin Administrator

Dislikes Received:
  16. frenchbritt123

frenchbritt123 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Not sure if you read it or not. - "Let’s get this straight: A whitetail fanatic — who is such an antler geek that he can immediately recall the configuration of a rack that he owned six years ago AND recall the precise date when he bought the near 190-class typical whitetail rack — now doesn’t remember when or how he got rid of it?"

17. Justin

Justin Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    I read that, but if you followed the story from the beginning it wasn't Mike who recognized the rack - it was Dan Cole. Mike posted a photo of two racks side by side and someone else recognized it.

18. MnHunterr

MnHunterr Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I'm sorry... But

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

19. choppersk61

choppersk61 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:

Back to my theory...

The Facebook comment was a "Fake"...a joke that went too far and now the joker is backing out...

Like I said earlier, the Facebook picture was Photo Shopped, and not the best one. But everybody is so quick at crucifying famous people based on supposed "Evidence" put out by complete unknowns looking for their two minutes of fame...

Oh well...

20. Thack's Rack Shack

Thack's Rack Shack Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Hi all. I'm new here because this thread was brought to my attention over on Taxidermy.net

Thought I would share a story with you. I am an antler replicator and taxidermist near Pocahontas, Illinois. The exact year slips my mind until I check my records, but I'm going to say it was 2008 or 2009 that I had a booth at the Illinois Deer and Turkey Classic in Bloomington. I had a replica there that I sold to a taxidermist that I sincerely believe is the rack here in question.

The following year I was walking about the entries in the scoring area when I spotted a rack (almost positive it was this rack) that I knew I had seen before, and had replicated. Upon further inspection I remembered the rack I had done had this sticker in the back that was laid over at a 90deg angle, and another that was a blunt. Obviously damaged when still soft and had healed over. I looked behind this rack and sure as heck, those stickers were as I remembered. I went to Tim Walmsley who was one of the scorers and told him that he had one of my replica's entered in the contest. A near 190 bow kill. At first Tim thought I was joking but agreed to accompany me to said head and remove it from the wall for a closer inspection. At that time I scraped a very small area on the back of the main beam to expose my RESIN. The other scorer's were brought over and without a lot of fanfare, the entry was disqualified. I do believe I have the mold of this rack and believe this is the same rack in question here. I do believe this is one of my replica's. The rack is oil painted and could easily be tested by removing some paint if in fact this needs to be proven.

My contact info is
    Tim Thacker
    618-669-2518

if someone needs to contact me. Not out to discredit this guy, but I think it's the same rack, same person, and same hoax. If not it sure sounds and looks familiar.

Last edited: May 26, 2014