Magnus Stinger question

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by Vabowman, Aug 9, 2020.

1. Vabowman

Vabowman Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    So my son has a Mission Craze. He's pulling 46# I think he's 22-23" draw. Not sure what his arrows weigh, will weigh them tomorrow at the bow shop. Last year he was shooting Magnus 2 blade Stiners. He did not kill anything, but I want to order him some more because he's down to just 4 heads. I casn't find any 2 blades at all. There are plenty of 4 blades with the small bleeder blades. Would these work ok for his set up?

2. SkylarPreston

SkylarPreston Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
  3. wl704

wl704 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I'm seeing the 2 blades still available on Amazon and thought I saw some on Basspro.com.

If you don't want to go that route, I'd suspect the 4 blades should be fine, so long as you match the gr and the prior 2 blades were flying fine.

4. cantexian

cantexian Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I haven’t shot anything from Magnus, but I have been looking at them. Seems like from the website, they should shoot the same as long as the grains are matched. Did you hunt with them? I would be curious to hear the opinions of people that have killed with Magnus heads.

5. Vabowman

Vabowman Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I ordered some off Amazon. I hunted with them when I was hunting with a recurve. I never killed one but they flew great.

6. virginiashadow

virginiashadow Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I killed a doe with a recurve with a Magnus Stinger. Blew right through her. I also killed probably 10 to 15 plus deer with Magnus 2 blade broadheads. No issues and they are easy to tune as they hit nearly the same as my field points.

cantexian likes this.
  7. jstephens61

jstephens61 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Shooting Stingers again this year. The bleeders are not that large to impede penetration. If he puts the arrow where it needs to be, it’ll do it’s job.
    I have to also give a shout out to Mike and Magnus. You will not find a better company or better customer service anywhere. I truly don’t know how the guy stays in business, but I’m glad he does.

8. jonderrs7

jonderrs7 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I am also shooting Magnus Stingers but the Killer Bees 4 blade. Excited to try em this year.

9. Justin

Justin Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    I shot Stingers for a few years "back in the day". Great heads and I killed a couple of deer with them. In my experience, the 2 blade and 4 blade flew identical to each other. The bleeders are very small and shouldn't have any noticeable impact on flight or penetration. They also help keep the wound open a little more in the event of a poor hit, so I always preferred them to the standard 2 blade.

DKennedy951 and Vabowman like this.