M80xt

Discussion in 'Trail Cameras' started by Josh/OH, Jul 16, 2012.

1. Josh/OH

Josh/OH Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I just picked up an M80 xt, but was warned about the red light scaring deer. Is this light simply an indicator? If so, I'm going to cover it with black silicone.

2. pastorjim08

pastorjim08 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Just put a piece of electrical tape over it.

Blessings.......Pastorjim

3. Skywalker

Skywalker Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I'm not familiar w. the XT, but there's no visible light on my M80 when it triggers. That may be something new they added to this years model. On last years model, there is a red light, but it is only activated when you are in the aiming function, and once you set the camera into picture mode, there's no light.

4. Skywalker

Skywalker Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Never mind my last post, I assume you are talking about the glow of the IR lights. It's early and I wasn't thinking right. In response to that question, yes, sometimes a deer will get spooked by the IR lights, but I feel that is true w. any trail camera that isn't a "black out" came, that has no visible light. I've ran flash cams and standard IR cams and can say that they all have spooked deer, but I can also say, there are deer that will pose in front of the camera for lots of pics.

5. BlueCopper

BlueCopper Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    The IR lights on my M80 tend to spook a lot of deer. Elevating the camera seems to help.

6. tynimiller

tynimiller Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Yeah we've went to putting the cams high and aiming down more. It lessens the range of the camera but we've noticed far less deer getting spooked or on edge in the pics. Gotta be careful though, if you go real high a quicker trigger speed is needed more and more with every foot.