lymes disease

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by woodsy211, Jul 18, 2013.

1. woodsy211

woodsy211 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Just wondering how many of you guys have ended up with lymes disease,and what the recovery times have been. Ive been feeling pretty sick for awhile now, and finally decided to get it checked after waking up one morning with the loss of use of one side of my face. Dr. did a blood test, which confirmed being infected with lymes.

2. dnoodles

dnoodles Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    sorry to hear it. Lucky for me I've never had it. My neighbor (outdoorsman extraordinaire) has had lyme twice, he said this time is not as bad as the first time. His first time, he was out of commission for 2 months, and it took him about 4 to really start feeling "normal." He's about 50yoa, in decent shape.

3. MGH_PA

MGH_PA Moderator

Dislikes Received:
    I got it 4 years ago during spring gobbler season. Luckily I found the tick still attached to me. My father pulled it out as he knows how to back them out. I went to the doctor the next day to make them aware of what happened and we waited. One day later, the bullseye started. I was right on antibiotics for three weeks (which some argue isn't enough). Luckily I only experienced flu like symptoms the first two days, but it seemed to clear it up with no problems since.

4. tacklebox

tacklebox Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    My neighbor got it last year, was down bout 2 months

5. Afflicted

Afflicted Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Sorry to hear that.

6. woodsy211

Dislikes Received:
    shew, 2 months is cutting it real close for hunting season...

7. nealmccullough

nealmccullough BHOD Crew

Dislikes Received:
    I know a few guys who have had it - the soon you begin treatment the better. Sorry to hear about it!

8. Slugger

Slugger Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Thats terrible. I would hate to have it

9. woodsy211

Dislikes Received:
    they put me on antibiotics, which didn't seem to help. just yesterday the symtoms got worse so I went back to the hospital. Now, it looks like ive gotta go to the hospital every day for an iv antibiotic. Make sure u guys check for ticks! I didn't find one on me but I guess many times u wont. They seem to be pretty bad this year, so keep an eye out so u guys don't end up in the same boat

10. Aaron

Aaron Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I had it in June 2012... Felt just plain sick for about 2 weeks, doctor thought it was just some kind of virus... but It wasn't getting better, Finally got the lab test back and was confirmed to have elevated levels of the antibodies that fight Lyme... Headache, every muscle and joint ached, fever, no appetite, just plain sick.

21 days after the initial 2 weeks of being sick I was on antibiotics I finally started feeling good again.... for about a week, then the next week I started feeling sick again.... but it went away and I started feeling like me again. Off and on afterwards I would have episodes of what I thought were "relapses" but for the most part, I think I got it all.

All in all, it ruined my summer... but it gets better.