Low lifes

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by soccerdan90, Nov 2, 2014.

1. patinthehat

patinthehat Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Glad they got em Dan! Need to prosecute every last poacher.

2. Ky Bob

Ky Bob Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Never in my life would I ever leave a buck like that in a place it could be stolen!

3. jvanhees

jvanhees Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Man that sucks. Sorry to hear

4. Heckler

Heckler Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Love to know / hear the full story!

5. Beefie

Beefie Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Wisconsin, Just south of the Green Bay Packers.
    Glad they got his buck back. That is just unreal what people will do to say they shot something when they stole it.

Beefie

6. Ky Bob

Ky Bob Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Glad to hear he got his buck back!

7. soccerdan90

soccerdan90 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I'll try to get the whole story! I don't think someone would steal it then dump it so I'm sure someone got busted!

8. Heckler

Heckler Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    The DNR must be real secretive up there. Our's would have posted a picture of the thief on facebook. :p

9. soccerdan90

Dislikes Received:
    I don't have the dnr on Facebook so wouldn't know. Lol

10. Bowhunter_IL_BT

Bowhunter_IL_BT Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Next time hang it up and skin it yourself and cut the head off for the taxidermist and just bring the skinned deer to the processer. I am not sure if you can do that in Iowa or have any leg tags. In IL we have both a leg and head tags. Id get the authorities involved with this one and def hold the locker accountable.

11. soccerdan90

Dislikes Received:
    The locker had a sign stating they hold no responsibility for deer left overnight. He was in a rush and dropped it off. He has learned his lesson.

12. Bowhunter_IL_BT

Dislikes Received:
    I guess the other option would be to take it during the day only. Sounds like this is a very shady buisness and would people need to spread the word about it. The meat market I go to has way to good of a reputation to allow thieves to do something like this. Either way any trophy I get will be skinned out before I take mine in regardless.

13. HuntMaine

HuntMaine Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Wow he is lucky to get it back for sure! Would love to hear what happened!

14. TEmbry

TEmbry Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Skinning an animal in cold weather does nothing for meat preservation... nor does theft after hours have any reflection on a business who clearly states they have an after hour program operating on good faith and they aren't liable for such occurrences.

Super glad they caught the thieves and returned the head. Lesson learned on both the perps and the victims end.

All that said, I wouldn't care if someone stole a few of my heads/antlers... I keep them out of almost a sense of obligation anymore. lol

15. peakrut

peakrut Facebook Admin

Dislikes Received:
    First time I have ever heard of this happening. SUCKS!!!!

16. soccerdan90

Dislikes Received:
    Same here. He's been dropping his deer off there for years after hours. It's just crazy the world we live in now a days.

17. soccerdan90

Dislikes Received:
    Couldn't have said it better myself. The company is just trying to help male sure people's meat doesn't spoil in warm weather or on the weekend so they offer this as an option.

18. Bowhunter_IL_BT

Dislikes Received:
    I'm not talking about skinning the animal for preservation purposes. I'm talking about skinning it out so for one I don't have to pay the extra fee to get it skinned out. Another reason is so I have reassurance that it won't get messed up for the taxidermist. The other reason is for BS like what happened here can't trust anyone hardly anymore.

The buisness just leaves that sign up to cover their A--. A buisness like this should have someone on call during the busy time of the year to come by and at least get the carcass behind locked doors. I wouldn't trust this place and I'd go find a better one or just take the deer during the day. I'm glad and lucky to have John's Meat Market where I'm at very reputable and def No BS like this would ever happen. At least from a theft perspective. Either way I'm have been skinning my own trophys and will continue to do so from now on.

QUOTE=TEmbry;1044898]Skinning an animal in cold weather does nothing for meat preservation... nor does theft after hours have any reflection on a business who clearly states they have an after hour program operating on good faith and they aren't liable for such occurrences.

Super glad they caught the thieves and returned the head. Lesson learned on both the perps and the victims end.

All that said, I wouldn't care if someone stole a few of my heads/antlers... I keep them out of almost a sense of obligation anymore. lol[/QUOTE]

19. TeamFATBOY

TeamFATBOY Newb

Dislikes Received:
    For the life of me I don't get what people want with antlers from a deer someone else harvested unless for decor, not as a trophy. You'd really have to be a sorry SOB to brag about killing a deer that you didn't! I do know some that would and that's sad.
    I know two people in a club I used to be in that are going at it now over a set of horns. One shot the deer and couldn't find it, the other found it a couple of days later going to his stand. Just can't get why the guy that found the deer wants the horns. He has a garage full that he's killed. Is losing friendship or drama worth it? I don't think so!
    Deer horns make some people do stupid ****!