Louisiana boys heading north!

Discussion in 'Midwest' started by lones11, Jul 17, 2014.

1. lones11

lones11 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Myself and a couple buddies are diehard bowhunters here in south Louisiana. We are making a trip up to NW Missouri to do some public land hunting the last week of October. Is there anyone advice that someone from down here should be aware of for hunting up there. We only have 6 days and want to get it right. We definitely hunt hard and hunt a lot but 6 days is not a lot of time to set up and get it done in an unfamiliar place. We just want to experience what hunting in the midwest is all about.

Thanks

2. BearArcher

BearArcher Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    EDIT***** My bad if you read what I had posted. I thought it said the last week of November instead of October. Good luck to you guys. Late October is hard to plan for weather wise. It could be 70 degrees or it could be 30 degrees. It just depends. On public land, you may run into some other archers or maybe a few fall turkey hunters hunting with a shotgun but the woods shouldn't be too crowded that time of year with rifle season still 3 weeks away. Good luck!

Last edited: Jul 18, 2014
  3. bgusty

bgusty Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    And here I thought you guys meant actually coming up to the real North. Good luck! I'm thinking of trying out Kansas or Nebraska in a year or two.

4. lones11

lones11 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Missouri is the real north to us. haha. It's a 15 hour drive. That's far enough for now. Maybe next year we will try a different state. Thanks for the advice about the unpredictable weather. That's the kind of info we ware looking for since we aren't use to that area. Don't want to have any what-ifs because we weren't prepared correctly to hunt hard.

5. IAMIKE

IAMIKE Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    If you guys make it to Iowa, I know a lot of good public ground. But good luck. Where are you going to be in MO.