looks like they are going to run it through.

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by TeeJay, Mar 21, 2010.

1. TeeJay

TeeJay Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Well looks like the liberals are going to railroad this health care BS. More tax on food fuel and clothes. What a country we have here. How do we get these guts to stop spending. :(

2. BJE80

BJE80 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:

Doesn't matter after this. We will have reduced our chances for prosperity so much we will likely never recover. This is never... ever.... ever... going away once signed into law.

They can't raise taxes enough to pay for this.

3. TeeJay

TeeJay Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    They did it. Sad sad day.

4. virginiashadow

virginiashadow Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Less jobs=more unemployed. More unemployed=more individuals lacking health insurance. My wife and I work our butts off and our finances are extremely tight each month. How much more can I expect to be taxed each paycheck in order to support this bill?

5. TeeJay

TeeJay Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    A lot!

6. GMMAT

GMMAT Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Again....the ONLY thing bi-partisan about this bill........was the opposition.

I called every state congressman in NC's office, Friday. The Dems hid behind (to a person) "we're still undecided". EVERY republican vowed (openly) to vote "no".

The "will of the people" has no place at some of these politician's table. That was very evident, tonight.

7. virginiashadow

Dislikes Received:
    Well, I am getting a jump start on covering it as I have an interview for a part-time job tomorrow. :) F me.

8. Christine

Christine Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    :(

We can look forward to more taxes, increased premiums and poorer quality healthcare. Thanks Democrats.

9. virginiashadow

Dislikes Received:
    I just read part of the bill--it said parents can keep their children on their insurance up to the age of 26. A 26 year old "child"? So Johnny can sit at home with mommy and daddy up until the age of 26, and we Americans have to foot the bill for Johnny's insurance if his parents make less than a certain amount of money?

10. GMMAT

GMMAT Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Where's the incentive to get a job?

11. Finch

Finch Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    What's the incentive to want to live in America?

12. wahoohunter

wahoohunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    What a country we have here. Wow. No one is stopping you from moving elsewhere hoss.

And again.

I'd be embarrassed to even ask that question given the state of our country compared to that of many, many others. But, go ahead, move to Uganda, Haiti, the Middle East; do enjoy your time there.

13. TeeJay

TeeJay Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Struck a nerve there hoss. I've been to my fair share of 3rd work countries I still choose here. My point is why do we have to bust our ass so some lazy worthless piece of crap lives on easy street or even worse a illegal immagrant can have an abortion in my dime. Absolute BS. Wahoo if you don't agree with that go crawl back under your liberal rock and waiit and see how this all shakes out.

14. Txjourneyman

Txjourneyman Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Its not over yet. Texas as well as several others states will now challenge the law as unconstitutional.

15. Jim_IV

Jim_IV Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    No they won't TeeJay, thats like throwing money out the window. They want to have as many as possible to get more money in that government check they receive every month

Question:

What will this mean to someone who works in the health care field? My wifes graduates next year with her dental hygiene degree. Will this hit our wallet?

16. GMMAT

GMMAT Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Wahoo:

One can dissent without being unpatriotic. In fact, it's sorta smiled upon.....

"While some people think that dissent is unpatriotic, I would argue that dissent is the highest form of patriotism. In fact, if patriotism means being true to the principles for which your country is supposed to stand, then certainly the right to dissent is one of those principles. And if we’re exercising that right to dissent, it’s a patriotic act. "

17. racewayking

racewayking Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I am contemplating a new career. I figure I can become a South Side of the Chi old school pimp. I will pay no taxes as my illegal activities are not subject to taxation unless disclosed, and I will still have the free health care. I can get government subsidized housing, link card for food and whatever other government programs I can find to take advantage of. I will welcome change with a new "American Dream" and live life to the fullest, one hooker at a time;)

18. buttonbuckmaster

buttonbuckmaster Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    You'll have plenty of competition. Obama is collectively ****ing everyone.

19. wahoohunter

wahoohunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    So what you're saying, essentially, is that if someone disagrees with you, they should run away and keep their opinion to themselves? You have no idea my opinion on the health care situation and whether I support the bill or not (which I presently do NOT by the way), you just assume from one statement that I follow the democratic part blindly? Gotta love you those who are not only hubris but omniscient :)

Jeff,

I agree completely. However, dissenting (to differ in sentiment or opinion, esp. from the majority; withhold assent) and saying things like "what is the incentive to live here" are totally different. If there is no incentive to be here, move elsewhere.

20. GMMAT

GMMAT Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Makes sense. I don't mind when people disagree. I mind it when they do so....and say "Oh yeah...BTW...you're a F-in idiot for holding that opinion".

There's a lot of that goin' 'round, lately. (in general)