Looking Like A Late Start This Year

Discussion in 'Turkey Hunting' started by chieffan, Apr 4, 2018.

1. chieffan

chieffan Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    With the messed up weather, cold temps, and constant changing I don't think there will be much activity opening season a week from Monday, April 10th. Been trying to find birds but not around. Must be hold up in protected timber yet. Had strong cold winds for several days. Going out this evening again but heading into some deeper timber. Usually see them out along the timber strips, along the creek timber, etc. but not this spring. Hopefully things will change in the next week and a half.

2. Trevor TFO

Trevor TFO Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Early in the season might be tough this year! 8 inches of snow here yesterday and it was 2 degrees this morning. The 10 day forecast isn't looking very warm either, I wonder if the birds will stay grouped up longer than usual..

3. zachd

zachd Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    7 days of 40-50s before the 18th it says with what looks like some good rain a couple of the days hopefully that will knock some of the snow down. It will be a weird year for sure

Did anyone hunt MN 2013? I didn't that year but I would be curious if anyone remembers how the bird activity was like that year as it was similar to this year.
    I know fishing opener sucked with ice covering a lot of lakes :sad:

4. chieffan

chieffan Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Still not finding any birds. Freezing rain and snow yesterday. Wind, cold and near freezing again today. Don't know where the birds are but they sure are not moving or saying anything around here. Sold a bow to a guy from Ne this morning and he said the same over there. Not getting real exited about the opening day.