Looking for somewhere to hunt in NC

Discussion in 'WANTED' started by OneNdone, Aug 19, 2017.

1. OneNdone

OneNdone Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Just got stationed in Eastern NC. Looking for some private land to hunt if possible. Avid bow hunter and practice QDM at all times. If you know anywhere I can go please let me know. Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. biscuit

biscuit Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Bragg?

3. OneNdone

OneNdone Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks man but I'm closer to the coast. Bragg is about 2 hours away from me. I'm mainly trying to see if there is any private land out there for lease or such.

4. biscuit

biscuit Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    It's slim pickings around the Jacksonville, Topsail area. There are game land areas such as holy springs that have some good hunting. I've seen plenty of deer in the intracoastal while fly fishing. Look into some land lease's, the only issue you will run into is all the die hard folks who live in that area are willing to pay premium prices to hunt. I leased 13,000 aceres with 9 other guys that was slam with deer, we killed 93 does that first season. The game lands and timber companies here in NC are mandated to manage wildlife thus the hunt clubs come into play. Although the lease produced a maximum amount of freezer meat it also taxed my ass with time spent to keep up with all that land between 9 guys. There are a ton of farms around you within and 45 drive that will be more than happy to have you manage the critters. Good luck

5. OneNdone

OneNdone Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Awesome man. I appreciate the advice. Good to hear from someone who knows the area. I was planning on hunting on Lejeune this year as most of the leases have already been leased. My next step was to go do some knock and talks with landowners/farmers to see if I could get permission. But permission is so hard to get nowadays with all of the irresponsible hunters out there. Oh and the dog hunting really seems to mess things up too. But I'm at least going to give Lejeune a shot and see what happens. You never know.