Looking for some advice

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by Jensen, Nov 7, 2016.

1. Jensen

Jensen Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Hey Guys, so here in MN the first gun season has began and it seems that every year this time the buck visibility diminishes significantly due to shots being rung out from all areas surrounding the property I hunt. My hope is that it drives deer to the property but last year I only saw one buck during the gun season and am just wondering if maybe I should spend more time in the timber instead of setting up along the timber/crop field line. What are your guys recommendations/thoughts?

2. kurveball18

kurveball18 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Yes I would definitely get deeper in the timber. When the guns start crackin those deer are going to want to run for cover. I would try to find an area that is thicker and sit near that area as the deer will sometimes try to go into the thickest crap they know of to hide.

3. remmett70

remmett70 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    If people around you do drives, you could sit close to them and possibly get a shot at something they kick up.

4. greatwhitehunter3

greatwhitehunter3 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    What part of MN?

I'm in SW and I'm still seeing tons of action on field edges because that's where the food is, not in the river bottoms.

5. Jensen

Jensen Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I'm in the SE, we have two corn fields on both sides of the property and another area with corn and a thick bedding area but it's hard to get to the bedding area unless the wind is perfect

6. greatwhitehunter3

greatwhitehunter3 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I would personally try to set up on the field edge on the downwind side of the bedding area if at all possible.