Looking for help in Minnesota

Discussion in 'Midwest' started by Fuddrick, Apr 15, 2019.

1. Fuddrick

Fuddrick Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I have recently come into possession of a homemade bow, it was made in the early 80's, it's a early version of the compound bows we have today, I'm having problems finding someone that has the knowledge and know-how to be able to re-string it for me! Any help would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks!!!

Attached Files:

2. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    What part of minnesota?

3. Fuddrick

Fuddrick Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I'm up in Bemidji, but would travel to the right person, talked to the local pro up here, he's been working on bows for 20 years and he won't touch it.

4. John T.

John T. Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I'm thinking he is looking at liability if something goes wrong like the bow breaking and hurting someone. Can't really blame him.

5. Fuddrick

Fuddrick Newb

Dislikes Received:
    For 1, he only works on Matthews and one other kind of bow, even if you brought a Hoyt in, he wouldn't touch it, but with the old cam system on it, it's not something he's ever worked on before, and even the type of string on it is different apparently, he doesn't know of anyone in the area that would have the knowledge to do it, am hoping to find someone on here that may have worked on bows with similar make-up.

6. davidingle

davidingle Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Should be fairly easy to string as most of the system is made of steel cable and the only "string" part is what is in between the teardrops (great metal pieces on the main string). Places sell them for 5-10 bucks and shouldn't take more than a min to install provided the limbs are in good condition and able to be pressed. A lot of 90's bows like PSE's, Brownings, Bears, and other generic names used the same system but none that I'm aware of with wooden limbs

7. Fuddrick

Fuddrick Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks, I've only talked with the one person so far, I have an email out to one more to see what they say, he wasn't comfortable doing it as he only works primarily on Matthews, will see what this other place has to say. Here's a full pic of the bow.

Attached Files:

8. bucksnbears

bucksnbears Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Guessing it has metal tear drops to hook the string too?
    For just the string, that should be an easy fix? we