Looking for good fleece jacket/pant's/glove combo that wont tear apart easy.

Discussion in 'Equipment Reviews' started by bohica, Aug 20, 2012.

1. bohica

bohica Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Iv been doing a lot of searching while being deployed and cant really find what I want. I bought a matching pair parka/bib's from bass pro for cold weather http://www.basspro.com/RedHead-BONEDRY-C-W-S--Insulated-Bibs-for-Men/product/94945/132396 http://www.basspro.com/RedHead-BONE...Liner-Jacket/Vest-for-Men/product/94944/40184 in real tree. Ill be hunting in North Carolina and Ohio and based on reviews and product description I think I will be fine with this and the military stuff that I have.

Even tho the parka has the zip out liner so it wont make me as "hot" im still looking for another set so I dont have to seperate the liner from the parka. Something for let's say 50-30 degree temperature range. Im a big fan of fleece, huge fan. Im looking for a jacket, not a hoodie that is fleece, but also windproof and waterproof. Dont want it to have a hood, or if it does the option to be able to remove the hood as I hate wearing hood's while hunting. Also for the pant's I want them to be fleece to but a more durable fleece if at all possible than the jacket so briar's and other thing's dont tear them up seing as how pants/bib's IMHO get torn up faster then jacket's. That is also waterproof/windproof. And lastly a pair of good fleece gloves that are not to bulky for a release that are windproof and waterproof. Iv found some that I kinda like but may be missing one or two thing's im looking for. So if anyone has some gear that is like this or know of some please share the link/website and if you own them or something similiar that you may think will be able to fill the spot that im looking for please share what you have and how it has performed. Thank you.

And when I get back I will share pictures of my redhead parka and bib's along with review. Thanks guys.

2. ANM21

ANM21 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I was looking for some new camo too and went to bass pro and checked out the Scent Lok full season recon jacket and pants. They're 180 a piece but if you go thru promotive.com they're only 135 a piece. I don't know if you get YouTube or not but here is a video about it. http://www.youtube.com/index?desktop_uri=/&gl=US#/watch?v=iipfmaUBfwQ

I haven't bought them yet but I'm seriously considering it because it looks like a good product for the price. Be safe out there and good luck!

3. headstrong

headstrong Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I have been wearing the field and stream no scent fleece hydroproof for a couple seasons now and has no signs of wear yet. Not sure if they make it anymore though.