Looking for advice

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by MountainMan, Apr 22, 2013.

1. MountainMan

MountainMan Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Hey Guys,

I am trying to get back into hunting I have a Rampage XT, and i'm trying to figure out what type of arrow I want to shoot for practice / hunting and what rest / Sight i'd like to use. I am looking at a Whisker Biscuit Rest, but I don't know what diameter of a biscuit I should buy for my arrows and what arrows to buy. I am using Muzzy 3 blade fixed 95 grain If that helps. My bow is set at 55lb Draw and 27" length.

I do more stalking then Tree stand in fact i've only ever done stalking and prefer to keep it that way, so keep that in mind when messaging suggestions if you will - IF that even makes a difference.

Thanks guys,

I appreciate all your help and information.

2. CombatHM

CombatHM Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Just bow some cheap Arrows, chances are if your stalking, you might hit a branch or a tree and will lose arrows very easily. I suggest Easton Aftermaths, Beman ICS Bowhunters, Victory Vforce V6, Bloodsport 2 arrows and there are many more cheap 0.006 Straightness Tolerance, and make sure you get 0.500 spine arrows. It will say it on the Box. Also make sure you get them cut to the right size for you and your broadheads. Trophy Ridge Quick shot, would be perfect for you that way if you nock an arrow it won't fall out. If you're going to do Target shooting then try a different Rest. Also Target shoot with what you hunt with, as we say in the Military "Train how you fight, fight how you train." My final advice try to find a different broadhead unless your 100% absolutely sold on those Muzzy(s).

Last edited: Apr 23, 2013