Looking for advice guys

Discussion in 'Whitetail Deer Hunting' started by Jeterfan1, Oct 17, 2016.

1. Jeterfan1

Jeterfan1 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I have a piece of property that I hunt. It's actually my most promising for whitetails. I put a food plot in this year and have had tremendous results on camera. The problem is this. Outside this food plot which I can only hunt from a blind, the rest of the property is a mixture of bedding areas travel routes and mainly just really overgrown. It's not my property so I cant just chop stuff down. I have my stands placed in promising spots based on last years success and what the cameras are telling me. The deer are right on top of me by the time I actually know they are there. What can I do? Seriously I have 15 different bucks and 4 nice 8 points that I'm afraid I'll never get a chance at. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

2. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Don't diddle on your cell phone pay attention and hunt, hold your bow rather than putting it on a holder be ready.

3. early in

early in Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Why can you only hunt from a blind? Also, what state are you in?

4. Joe p

Joe p Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Be ready get higher in the tree don't over hunt it pick the best days hunt steady wind days hunt smarter not harder

5. head2toe camo

head2toe camo Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I'd be on the busiest travel routes (especially during the rut). I'd be thinking attractants if legal, mock scrapes, and decoys if you know what you're doing. Distract them so you can get a shot off.

6. SharpEyeSam

SharpEyeSam Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Good advice!!

7. Jeterfan1

Jeterfan1 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks guys! I don't take my phone with me, I can only hunt my food plot from the ground my mistake for not explaining. I will take your advice and keep you updated. I am in NY state.

8. Jeterfan1

Jeterfan1 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Also, I have tried scent and lures before (last year) it seemed to scare them more than anything Tinks mock scrapes and the doe in rut and the intruder buck scent. I know how to use it it just seems like it scares the deer around here. It was wicked warm last nvember here too so the entire rut was at night (at least by my cameras) any advice on lures and scents would be appreciated.

9. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Does do not tend to hang around estrus scent because the bucks show up all randy they really don't like to be dogged by a buck until it is time. Try putting out no scents. Another thing urine based scents are really pretty worthless no matter what they say in advertisements and on the bottle.

10. Jeterfan1

Jeterfan1 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I haven't used any scents yet at all this year, I have considered not using any and seeing what happens.

11. remmett70

remmett70 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    What is growing that is still so thick you can't see something coming? Have the leaves not fallen? What I couldn't see through a month ago because of leaves on the underbrush has really opened up now.

12. Jeterfan1

Jeterfan1 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Its just really overgrown under brush and no all my leaves are still on. It was 80 today I need a frost and a hard rain over here!