Looking for a new sight .. suggestions

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by 2xlung5h0t, Jan 21, 2012.

1. 2xlung5h0t

2xlung5h0t Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I'm interested in getting a multiple pin sight and getting rid of my Vital Gear Angular Startrack. Does anyone have any suggestions on a solid sight?

Thanks guys!!

2. elkguide

elkguide Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    How much do you want to spend? I'm using a Trophy Ridge Hitman 5 pin .019. Black Gold or Spot Hogg make great sights but they are a lot more. You really need to go and look. Looking is very important in that your eyes will see very different from mine. One of my buddies loves his pin color combination of green, yellow, green, yellow, green. I use 2 greens a red and 2 more greens. Why? I can't see the yellow pins!

3. 2xlung5h0t

Dislikes Received:
    well I don't mind spending between $100 and $150 .. I don't want more than 5 pins (I'll probably only use 3 of em during deer season) .. I would like to go as light as possible

4. Rob / PA

Rob / PA Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
  5. indynotch50

indynotch50 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I would get all .010 pins, a light that is veritcal and illuminates only the fibers and I would DEFINITELY go with a 5 pin. Mine is a 4 pin 25, 40, 50, and 60. I wish I had a 70 yard pin. It's common place to to practice at 50 and 60 yards, therefore, i wish I had a 70.

6. JakeEmche

JakeEmche Newb

Dislikes Received:
    How far are you comfortable shooting? I know some people have five pin sights And sometimes get confused because they only shoot forty yards and in low light they might hold on the wrong pin.

7. mhouck06

mhouck06 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I think HHA has sights this year with multiple pins. I love HHA because they have a lifetime warrenty and their customer service is unmatched. I have a single pin model from them, i broke the pin a two years ago... called them up, sent it out and within a week I had it back. I just paid s&h to send it out. They paid to send it back. Also, i just bought a new bow and needed new yardage tapes for it, so I emailed them asking if I could buy some, their response.... Give us your address we will send them out tomorrow. No charge. To me, good quality with a good warrenty and customer service cannot be beat. I do not beleive I will ever switch from HHA just for that reason. Like I said tho, check out their website, http://www.hhasports.com/. Its worth looking into.

8. 2xlung5h0t

Dislikes Received:
    When I'm hunting I will only reach out to 40 yards so I will only use 3 pins max. I wouldn't mind having a 4th pin for practice and shooting in the yard and what not.

I'm loving the look of the new Diamondback 1000 series.

9. Treehopper

Treehopper Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Cannot go wrong with an HHA

10. digio40

digio40 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Just got a 5 pin Axion GLX for my z7x. Its great and only weighs 7.5 oz. bright pins .020 and comes with light. Had a G5 optix se which was also awsome but was only 3 pin.