Look What Came In The Mail Today!

Discussion in 'Trail Cameras' started by Heckler, Jul 7, 2015.

1. ChuckC

ChuckC Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I have to say I really like the pictures towards the end there. I've been following along watching how things go with the cameras and I'm sure like any other companies they will have their growing pains. I'd also imagine some of their time is so consumed with getting all of the initial orders out too. Hopefully they will get back with you Heckler or at least make some quick changes in the firmware and get it out to the public to remedy some of the problems.

2. matt@exodustrailcams

matt@exodustrailcams Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Oh my gosh! I just about had a heart attack. Heckler, this is Matt Kline, I am one of the founders of Exodus and I just want to say that I am so sorry for the mixup on the call back issue! We just found out yesterday afternoon that we have a technical issue with the customer service platform we had built and it looks like it kept us from receiving your message. Please, my cell phone number is 240-291-0700, call me or text me whenever you'd like and I will make sure we get this worked out.

On the daytime picture issue - We have developed a firmware update that we are finalizing testing on now. It helps with some of the washout, but as I mentioned on another forum, part of that is because it's summertime and the light is so intense at certain parts of the day. We are also working on a firmware update to add a standard
    option in addition to military time.

On the temperature gauge, it is important to note that trail cameras get their temp rating from the PIR heat sensor which reads the environment's ambient temperature. A lot of that is picked up from the ground which as we all know heats up a heck of a lot faster in the summer sun than the air temperature. This time of year, the sensor can be thrown off by that.

Again, just want to say how sorry we are for the customer service mixup, the platform is pretty new, most of the time we are responding to requests within 3-4 minutes but for some reason it's just been down the last few days. Should be back up and running now.

If there is anything else I can answer, please let me know!

Matt

3. trial153

trial153 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    The thing that impressed me about the statements released by the company as been the impetus behind the camera is sound and it address real issue that are prevalent in way to many brands of trial cameras . The stand MO is to release a bunch of **** cameras, and hope they don't get used much during the warranty period. Then come out with new model and start the hoseing all over again.

4. Heckler

Heckler Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks Matt! I'll give you a ring next week.

5. Heckler

Heckler Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Dead battery... Total image count on the set was 1839 images on Duracell Pro Cell (industrial version of Copper Top) batteries. I think I am going to use lithium energizer next and retest. It won't really be a good comparison as I will be changing settings.

6. CoveyMaster

CoveyMaster Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I always got along really well with the Procells, I just ordered ~300 the other day actually. I loved the lithiums but to be cost effective they need to last roughly as long as five sets of procells and mine didn't make it. Winter usage would be a different story but I don't want to burn another $500 for lithiums during summer.

What happened with that cam that it ate a set of procells in only 1900 images? That's terrible.

7. Heckler

Heckler Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I am not sure. I order Procells by the case. This is a new lot. They do great in all my other cameras. I would agree. I was expecting twice as many images. What has me even more concerned is the bulk of the images were daytime pics.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2015
  8. Heckler

Heckler Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I stuck another set of Procells back in it. The date on the lot is March 2021. I checked the voltage of each battery. All 8 were consistent at 1.59 volts. BAttery indicator reads 100%. I dropped the megapixels from 12 to 5 as I really don't see how there would be a significant difference due to the trail cams (all trail cams) sensor size. I'll get it back out at the same spot and give it another go.

9. MnHunterr

MnHunterr Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Heckler... I gotta say, awesome job with this thread! Really appreciate the details.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. CoveyMaster

CoveyMaster Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Dang...eating batts ain't no good. Hopefully their software update fixes the issue.

11. TwoBucks

TwoBucks Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Have you been having extreme heat? That will greatly reduce battery life

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. Heckler

Heckler Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Yes. It's its been a scorcher here! Camera has been reading in the tipple digits every day. Highest record temp was 122. Not sure what the sensor maxes out at.

13. trial153

trial153 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Any updates .....??

14. Heckler

Heckler Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Camera has been soaking on my new property. I will check it next time I am out there.

15. gltomp

gltomp Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Well HOPEFULLY you'll have some "Hot" prospects on it :bow:

16. Heckler

Heckler Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I won't be disappointed either way. There isn't much on the property in the way of a food source this year. But at the same time it would sure be encouraging.

17. ChuckC

Dislikes Received:
    Great thread so far Heckler! Keep us updated on the battery use as that's what interests me the most since most of my soaks can be a month at a time. Nothing more frustrating than finding a dead camera half way through the time frame it was sitting but most of the time that was my fault for hoping they had enough life left in them.

18. Art

Art Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Just for comparison mine is at 2200 pictures (80% are day pics) and battery indicates 75% full, this is with energizer alkaline batteries.

19. Heckler

Heckler Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I am going to send you a PM. For my sanity there are couple things I'd like you to check.

20. ChuckC

Dislikes Received:
    Curious how things have been going with the camera Heckler. Any sample pics to share?