Long Sit

Discussion in 'Whitetail Deer Hunting' started by fishingdude93, Oct 19, 2013.

1. fishingdude93

fishingdude93 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Going out tomorrow morning and was thinking of maybe sitting till noon. Just wanted get everyone's opinion on what they think about sitting this long at this time of the year? Especially since there is a full moon out for a couple days.

2. Slugger

Slugger Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    well I had a giant 8 pt come in at 3pm. got in stand at 2. they are moving. we are in the pre rut

3. JGD

JGD Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I hunted today from 10 am to 2pm because I have seen lots of deer feeding during those hours on a full moon. Last year I saw 3 does feeding at 10 am and 2 more does feeding at 10:30 while walking to my truck. At 11 am I saw a nice 8 pt about 400 yards from my truck, so I decided to come back the next morning. I hung a stand on the downwind side of where the buck was feeding the day before but had no idea which direction he would come from. At 10:15 he came (in a hurry) from upwind. Perfect. He was 32 yards away and feeding but facing me. I was waiting for him to give me a shot when the wind shifted and went from me to him... it took all of 5 seconds from when I felt the wind on my neck to the time he left. 20 minutes later two does and a fawn came in and I shot just under the doe. I've seen lots of deer movement in mid-day on full moon days. I've also noticed it in the spring and summer, not just the fall. Good luck to you. :)