Lone wolf sit and climb or tethrd mantis

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by whitetailjunky3, Feb 23, 2019.

1. whitetailjunky3

whitetailjunky3 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Trying to figure out which to get for being more mobil this year. I way about 275 and am 6 3 and want to feel secure like I do in my ladder stand. Thanks for the input. I don't have any way to get hands on either of them.

2. dnoodles

dnoodles Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    It totlaly depends on the areas you hunt- what type of trees you have to deal with. But if you have to go with just one or the other due to cost or just trying to keep your gear profile down; I would probably go with the saddle.

I have the XOP sit and climb (clone of the LW) and I really, really like it now that I put one of those corded replacement seats on it. (Hansen brand?) I am sorry I can't remember the brand, someone on here will chime in with it.

Anyway, that being said I am getting a saddle this season- my reason being that it's just more versatile in as much as tree selection goes. If I find a spot where I can leave the climber out chained to the bottom of a tree for a few days at a time I will do that, but for bouncing around I just hate to find a primo spot and then not be able to get up in a tree with a climber. Happened too many times to count. Which is why I am going to give saddle hunting a try.

Edit- I just realized how big you are. I 'm 6-1 and weigh about 200-220 depending on the year and the XOP standard sit and climb seat bars are almost too narrow for me. You would have to get the XL seat.

3. whitetailjunky3

whitetailjunky3 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I appreciate the input! The wife would kill me if I bought both this year. I'm just trying to get something to be more mobile with but feel secure. I have heard alot of good and bad about saddle hunting and I can pick up a lone wolf wide for about 325 brand new from a guy that's why I'm considering it.