Lone wolf climbers ?

Discussion in 'Equipment Reviews' started by scottmills, Sep 14, 2015.

1. scottmills

scottmills Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Who uses them pros and cons .

2. scottmills

scottmills Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    anybody ??

3. Aaron Jones

Aaron Jones Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I have the Hand Climber Combo II and I won't go into the woods without it. It is light weight and packs easily and efficiently. I can be at the base of the tree and in 10 minutes be all set ready to hunt 20 feet up. I love it and it was a great purchase. Did I forget to mention that it is dead quiet? The only noise that you can hear is my foot steps hitting the ground.
    You just need a limbless tree to climb. It doesn't have to be straight, nor does it have to be free of nobs on the tree. You can get up any tree that just doesn't have limbs. I bought climbing sticks this year to use in conjunction with my climber to be able to get into any tree that I can across.
    People say that it is uncomfortable but its perfect to me. I will stand awhile (especially when its cold) and I will sit awhile. I am ready to be int my Lone Wolf already. Any particular question that you have about the climbers?

4. RCW3D

RCW3D Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I also have the hand climber and love it too.

Pro's - Light weight, quiet, secure, hunts like a hang on stand (open in front)

Cons - Expensive, seat not the most comfortable, some folks don't like it being open

When I decided to buy a climber, I looked at all of them and decided that LW Hand Climber was the way to go for me since I prefer to hunt out of a hang on stand and this was the closest to that feel that I can find. It is pricey but they last forever. After 10 years, I'm just now replacing my cables and I honestly think the ones that I replaced are still good but since I'm a safety engineer, I question everything! LOL!

5. TheHardWoods913

TheHardWoods913 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    ^THIS! I use the same climber and its is awesome, I absolutely LOVE it! Packs super small & compact, light weight, and dead silent!

[​IMG]

6. T FERG

T FERG Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    have the lone wolf hand climber also love it. just ordered that new thick seat but there backordered

7. drslyr

drslyr Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I own 2 LW sit and climb. Have had many different stands over the yrs. IMO there is nothing even close to a wolf.

8. patinthehat

patinthehat Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I own the Lone Wolf Wide Sit & Climb. That thing is a dream to hunt out of. It is extremely comfortable. 2nd time I used it, I fell asleep sitting in it lol. It's really quiet and can accommodate a wide range of tree sizes. Once you break it down, it breaks down very slim and is very lightweight. Makes it very easy to tote in and out of the woods. Can't really think of any complaints I have with it. All in all, it is a rock solid product.

9. Heckler

Heckler Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I always wanted a wide flip top but could never stomach the expense.

10. Rick James

Rick James Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I've had the Sit & Climb for about 8 years now. I love it.

When I lived in NY where we had tons of straight trees I would use it at least half of my sits. I've done a ton of all day sits with it and killed a pile of deer out of it as well. I've owned 4 other climbers over the years and borrowed others from friends as well and it's by far my favorite.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2015
  11. early in

early in Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I've got a LW sit and climb (12 years) and an Assault hang-on with sticks, but the S&C gets used almost exclusively. Everything everybody has said about these stands is true. They are simply the best stand out there for various reasons. I'll never use any other stand.

12. Sound Barrier

Sound Barrier Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Sit n climb. Great for packing down, being as silent as possible which is the biggest thing with stands, and climbs well. Solid construction. Con is the seat, as most say, is not very comfortable. But you definitely won't slip off as the foot grip is excellent. Overall good purchase

13. Rampaige

Rampaige Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I have the Hand Climber. Again, absolutely silent to pack in and out of the woods. I did have my platform make noise a few times but I found it was due to user error and was on too small of a tree. I haven't been too terribly uncomfortable in the stand. It's not like my Summit but it's not that bad either. It is more difficult to climb at first. I wasn't used to climbing with my elbows in tight to fit on the seat pad. I have gotten faster and quieter, though.

14. BowhuntOnly

BowhuntOnly Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I own a sit and climb and can honestly say it is the best climber I have used. I have tried many other climbers from Rivers Edge, Summit and I would say Lone wolf is number one in my book. The cost steered me away at first, but they are worth it if you can afford it. I have owned my sit and climb for 10 years - so they will last you a long time.
    Pro's
    Quiet
    Lightweight
    Stable
    Easy to climb with even if the tree is not perfect

Con's
    Cost - it may be the last climber you buy though... :)

15. Coop

Coop Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I have been using a LW handclimber since 2009. I love it. I have had two back surgeries and have zero issues climbing with it. I also hunt a lot of public land with far walks through thick stuff. Some people say packing flat is not important, but when I used Summit's, even with the cable at the bottom, they snagged on everything. The LW doesn't do that.