Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility

Local Archery Shops Thread

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by INbowhunter, Sep 15, 2023.

1. INbowhunter

INbowhunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Not sure if this is the place for this or not---Mods do whatever you need with it, maybe even pin it---but I don't think I've seen a thread yet spotlighting our awesome, local archery shops. I see many guys expressing they don't know where to have their equipment serviced or pick up new, so let's showcase our favorite local shops for others to benefit from. I'll go first.

2. INbowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Bowmen's Archery
    Fort Wayne, IN

They are a dealer for Mathews, Elite, Hoyt, Bear, PSE and many more. Mike and his son are both competitive, professional archers in ASA. They service all archery equipment, including crossbows. They build all their own strings and cables in house and provide the most professional service I've ever had when it comes to archery equipment. If you are in or around NE Indiana, they are the #1 shop to trust with your archery needs. download (1).jpeg

MUDSHARK and dnoodles like this.
  3. pastorjim08

pastorjim08 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I'm sure you've been to Bass and Bucks near Wabash. That's got to be one of the most well stocked locally-owned outdoor stores I've ever seen.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

INbowhunter likes this.
  4. INbowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Yes, Josh and his crew run an awesome store as well. My only problem with that shop is that every time I go there, I lose track of time and arrive back home 6 hours later than planned :lol:

MUDSHARK, dnoodles and pastorjim08 like this.
  5. dnoodles

dnoodles Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Wabash has long been a mecca for good archery and hunting shops. I remember going there many times as a kid. Speices? and another archery only shop just east of town on 24 the name of which is slipping my mind now. I spent many hours and my dad spent a lot of money there.

6. pastorjim08

pastorjim08 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I remember speices. It started out as ****s trading post in the same location but a smaller building. Later they expanded to several towns, including Marion, where I live. They also had a huge store in Ft. Wayne. The place east of Wabash that you may be thinking of was Sloans Archery. It was just a small store but the guy who owned it knew his stuff.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

dnoodles likes this.
  7. dnoodles

dnoodles Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    100% Sloans!

thanks, was driving me so nuts I texted my dad last night and he couldn't remember either.
    Yeah, he was a prickly guy but he was dialed in.

I still have an orange plastic Razorback broadhead case I use to hold odds and ends in my larger archery tackle box that has a Speice's price tag on it. Has to be from 90-93.

Thanks for the trip down memory lane.

pastorjim08 likes this.
  8. NEW61375

NEW61375 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    PGF Archery in Elizabeth City, NC is a great shop. Knowledgeable, helpful folks offering all services for your bow and a great indoor range. If you live near Southeast VA like myself or Northeast NC you can't go wrong.

I have used another shop in Newport News, VA called Wilcox. They have been around a long time, and I have used them with no complaints as well. They too have an indoor range and good techs, they're a bit too far for me to drive nowadays.

INbowhunter likes this.
  9. Vabowman

Vabowman Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Greentop in Ashland VA is ok, depending on who works on your stuff. they do not stock up often, so when it goes it's gone. Wilcox used to have a few really good techs and a good supply, been years since I been there. But we have nothing like what guys out in the midwest and west have. Nothing even close. Archery is 20 years behind here on the east as for as I am concerned and especially in the south east

10. Ridgerunner3

Ridgerunner3 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Boneyard archery in Madison, NC, N of Greensboro, is fantastic.

B&B in Raytown, MO is solid or was a few years ago.

I wish there was some closer to me in western NC.

11. archbunk

archbunk Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Kruizenga Archery in Mattawan, MI is who I typically use locally. I bought my Bear Whitetail Legend from them back in 2021 and they did a good job helping me set the bow up, etc. Have a nice indoor and outdoor shooting range as well.