Loc On Limit

Discussion in 'DIY Archery & Hunting Projects' started by kurveball18, May 25, 2020.

1. kurveball18

kurveball18 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    So I have an old Loc On Limit that I want to fix up and revive. Its in good shape but just needs some care so I thought about replacing certain sections since its old.
    I have 3 questions.

1. I want to replace both square tubing you see in my picture of the stand. They are both just over 20 inches. Is general hardware store metal tubing ok? 6061 or should I go better?

2. Where can I get 2 new cables that run from the back to the platform? Figure if i'm going to fix it all up I might as well do all the other little things as well to make this stand last another 20 years of mobile hunting when I want to use it.

3. Is there replacement straps just like the ones that came on these stands?

Any other thoughts or suggestions feel free to let me know.

2. Holt

Holt Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    For #1 don't buy hardware store aluminum. It's not structural aluminum. Get 6061 or better. 6061 is what most sticks and stands are made of. For #2 might be best to get measurements of the length of cable and check several tree stand company's and see if there pre made cables will fit your stand. For #3 I don't know much about the buckle strap. Could get a proper load rating OCB strap (over center buckle ) or some call a boat buckle.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

3. John T.

John T. Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    FWIW, for safety's sake, buy a new treestand, approved by TMA.

4. oldnotdead

oldnotdead Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I wouldn't go with new cables I'd switch to chains.all my homemade hang ons are chains and I use chains as a back up to the ratchet straps on all stands.

5. 0317

0317 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Here ya go for replacement Stand Cables ... https://treestandcables.com/product/tsc-23-5-treestand-cable-set/

Ive got a Limit that has to be around 20 yrs old .. nice little stand, very light weight, but my boots barely fit on it and the height of the seat is short for my long legs ... no, it aint for sale either ... never know when it may come in handy ....

6. Rustystud

Rustystud Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Be glad you have a spirit, the wind walker was even smaller. I suggest you repace all 1/4 x 20 screws, washers, and nuts with 5/16 x 18 Grade #8 screws and lock washers. I had over 40 of these stands bought at different times over the years. some had chains and some had rope hitches. both worked fine. The rope hitches need to be replaced periodically due to sun light degrade and/or squirrels chewing the rope. The chain was pretty much sun and squirrel proof. I replaced all the canvas pipe seats with plywood covered with vinal over foam. Much more comfortable. These stands if maintained should last a lifetime.