Live from the Stand

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by VA Bowbender, Sep 13, 2010.

1. JayB22

JayB22 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Just drove by a big muly with 2 does. Than we saw 3 does and 2 spikers. All on adjacent property to where I'm hunting. Hopefully they come see me. I took some nice pics of the buck and will post later

2. DriveTacks

DriveTacks Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Well Sask didn't really work out for me, big bucks were staying deep in the bush with the rut swinging pretty heavy, never saw a buck over 2.5 years old, our group did pass on some 150's, and saw some young bucks with great potential. Sat in a climber with the Hoyt for 3 hours monday morning. Took me almost an hour to climb down because my hands got so cold that i could only climb down a few feet before i had to get my hands back in a heated hand muff. It was -15f for a high that day, somewhere around -25 when i climbed in the stand that morning. Ended up sitting in heated blinds all week with the rifle... not what i have dreamed of thats for sure.

just a note for those who don't know, Northern Outfitter's bibs and jacket- shell sound like a cold tarp at -15 degrees, i couldn't have drawn on a buck without scaring him if i had to. but that stuff sure is warm!

Finally set up on a 130" 4x4 on the last day from a blind with an active trail at 20 yards, saw him 4 or 5 times from the stand but never any closer than 100 yards.

My dads cousin was with us, ended up killing a 5x5 with a 9 inch drop tine between the Right Burr and G1, with another 5 inch tine coming off the drop, pretty cool buck, grossed it at 170 and 5/8, but will only net around 135 (green obviously) but a damn nice buck with a really rare drop tine (for sask). I'll try to get a pic from him if i can. Hope everyone had more success this week than I did!

3. nikole957

nikole957 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    That picture was taken at the Baltimore Bowmen Traditional Classic by my friend that was with me. We flung some arrows that day, boy it was fun!

4. Karnak

Karnak Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    In the stand this mornin and if the wind doesn't shift on me which it has a tendency to it will be a good hunt hopefully, I had a pretty cool encounter with a young six point last evening that looks like he will be a good deer in a year or so so i hope I see him again just to know he's livin on our ranch.

My decision to have some coffee this morning is backfiring quite literally on me this morning too haha

5. VA Bowbender

VA Bowbender Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I'm in my stand on the park management hunt again. It's 2:00 pm, weather is blue sky and about 35 degrees. We'll see what progresses.

[​IMG]

No deer seen today

6. VA Bowbender

Dislikes Received:
  7. arthur22011

arthur22011 Newb

Dislikes Received:
  8. snobo4rder08

snobo4rder08 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Just got back to the house, didnt see a single deer tonight

9. VA Bowbender

Dislikes Received:
    I hunted 2 spots yesterday, not a deer seen either. This is a hard time of year to hunt. Keep at it though.