Linear Bow Press Limb Brackets, aka: bow press fingers

Discussion in 'DIY Archery & Hunting Projects' started by Huffcop, Apr 10, 2019.

1. Huffcop

Huffcop Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I'm in the process of building my own linear bow press. I designed my own limb brackets, aka: bow press fingers. I am polling to determine the demand for limb brackets. I have a friend who can mass produce limb brackets, aka: bow press fingers but there needs to be enough demand for him to buy the material and produce these. They would be unfinished blanks to keep the manufacturing cost low. It would be up to the purchaser to drill their own holes to mount to their press. My design uses 1/2" thick steel plate and overall height is 6 3/8" to accommodate even the large cam compound bows. If anyone is interested, please let me know. If I can get enough people interested, I'll get a price from him to share here.
    Thanks.

2. davidingle

davidingle Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Will they be able to press passed parallel bow limbs such as the Hoyt Defiant series?

3. Huffcop

Huffcop Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I'm thinking they will. When I get mine done, I'll post some pics.

4. davidingle

davidingle Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Interesting.. For instance the regular fingers that come with LCA presses are not approved (although I used them on both my personal defiant and pro defiant) but I could see if they were able to curl over a little bit more they would be just right.

5. Huffcop

Huffcop Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Try printing off the attached jpeg, cut out the bracket, and hold it over your limb tip as if the bracket were attached to a press and see if it will work. Keep in mind that the angle of the bracket can be change with more pivot movement at the base where mounted. I don't have Hoyt or beyond parallel limbs to test for myself.

Attached Files:

6. Huffcop

Huffcop Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Also, I will be using flat spring stock (shim stock) under the the limb bracket rather than a coiled compression spring as I did not leave enough room between the 1/2" hole and the front edge of the bracket to allow for a drilled hole for a coil spring.