Limbsavers & release ?s

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by coolbrze, Sep 23, 2016.

1. coolbrze

coolbrze Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I shoot a Hoyt Havoctec & am looking for new Limbsavers & a new release. For the limbsavers, what do you all like best to minimize noise/vibrations?

For the release, which ones do y'all like best? I shoot a wrist strap release now, but am open to others if they're good...

Thanks in advance!

2. elkguide

elkguide Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Carter Quickie. Worth every penny.
    Have a box full of lots of releases but when it comes time to go hunting..........

I'll always grab a Quickie!!!!!

3. successful failure

successful failure Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I got the Scott's silver horn about a month ago and can tell a big difference in my grouping but really it all depends on what you want to spend. I got mine for about 70$ but if you want to a couple hundred they got the carter thumb releases that a lot of people swear by. You really just need to go to a bow shop that will let you test all the ones you are looking at that's what helped me decide. Good luck

4. Jeepwillys

Jeepwillys Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    If you're looking for a proshop that'll have high end releases. Good Luck. I just upgraded and love the thumb release. I went with a Stan JustX. I ordered them through Lancaster as they were the only ones that i found that had them in stock and will let you return what you don't want. Have fun.