Limb driver Pro

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by Limbhanger, Aug 28, 2020.

1. Limbhanger

Limbhanger Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Do any of you use the regular Vaportrail Limb driver Pro for hunting? I know the trend is the Gen 7 or Pro V which are full capture rest, but the regular Pro is not, but has a very generous hunter style launcher that cradles the arrow well.

Not really concerned with a full capture, as I have hunted for years with the original Trophy Taker with the small launcher, not a full capture and never had any issues. Only issues I have now with Trophy Taker, from what I've read, is cheaper quality since the were bought out, so looking at vaportrail now.

As with the regular Pro I'm thinking I can keep the launcher more forward, whereas the Gen7 and Pro V look like overdraw rest that place the launcher further back decreasing your brace basically? I basically pick a bow by it's features and brace being one of them, just hate to lessen it with rest that sit further back. So just curious if anyone ever hunted with one, and how did you like it? Just looking to replace the QAD on my new Traverse with a dropaway that does not lock in the up position, Thanks

2. trial153

trial153 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    You will be fine with it, seen it used many times hunting. Add a pad to the front of the shelf and you will good to go

3. 0317

0317 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    what he said ^^ .. I used a regular Trophy Taker for several years with fixed heads, had to turn my BH's to make a X so they would clear the shelf and used a felt pad on the riser and a launcher pad ... went to better rests since ... I use QAD (main bow) and the Rip Cord Max (back up) and cut my arrows to where they are 1.25" in front of the prongs when in the up position ...since I favor 4 blades, all my BH blades are at a X when on the string ... as for myself, I want a capture rest, hence the QAD, Biscuit or Ripcord Max

Last edited: Aug 29, 2020