limb cracked

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by kjstaudt86, Mar 20, 2017.

1. kjstaudt86

kjstaudt86 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Yea I started telling my buddy who has been shooting the same bowtech bow now for 6 years with no problems about all the feedback I'm seeing on this website, he's nervous now about it happening to him lol. I would have been screwed had I been on my annual Oklahoma trip bow hunting and had this limb failure. We both don't carry extra bows on our hunting trips but I guess what happened to me would be a good reason why people always do.

2. tree_ghost

tree_ghost Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    All brands have limbs that delaminate on every model, every year. I have 3 bowtechs; guardian, Invasion, rpm360. Shoot them a ton and haven't had an issue. Yea Bowtech has had a higher rate of limb failures IMO than most companies but they are taking steps to stop this. The good news for the OP is their customer service is excellent!

Sent from my iPhone using Bowhunting.com Forums

3. davidingle

davidingle Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Fairly common. They moved their limb production in house this year so hopefully that resolves the issues, they are great bows otherwise!

4. trial153

trial153 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Bowtechs reputation to limb failure is well earned and isn't something you have seen on the same scale as other large bow manufacturers.
    Hopefully they corrected the issues with the 2017 in house manufacturing.

5. kurtzgreg1561

kurtzgreg1561 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I have been shooting archery for over 40 years and had a great many bows by alot of different manufacturers and never once had a limb delaminate or fail. Guess I had better run out now and buy a lottery ticket! Lol I've witnessed 3 in all these years one was a Jennings many years ago the other 2 were recent and both Bowtech. I had one myself and loved it, shot very well and easy to tune but I will not put myself in a position to cause an injury to me or anyone else. It's purely a safety issue, well that and confidence. Both are vitally important so until I know the issue is completely resolved I will not purchase another Bowtech. I sincerely hope that it is resolved.

Sent from my LG-H631 using Tapatalk

6. tree_ghost

Dislikes Received:
    I agree confidence in your equipment is essential when in the field and under pressure. I disagree that owning a Bowtech is a safety hazard to myself or anyone in my proximity.

7. jcz

jcz Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Hate to agree but I've heard the same.. Best of luck to ya

8. Xoutdoors

Xoutdoors Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I thought bowtech solved their limb issues. I guess not. Is their company still owned by savage arms??

9. tree_ghost

Dislikes Received:
    The model Boss that the OP was shooting had limbs that were not manufactured in house by Bowtech. Starting with the 2017 models limbs should all be manufactured in house by Bowtech. Hopefully, and I would expect them to do so, Bowtech sends the OP new limbs made in house instead of what was manufactured for that year Boss by another company.

10. Western MA Hunter

Western MA Hunter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I had an insanity that had the limb crack on it.
    My buddy had another bowtech that had the same thing happen.

11. henson59

henson59 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I had an upper limp crack on my Experience after about a year of use. I kept hearing this weird sound when I would draw my bow back. It almost sounded like a bearing was going bad in the top cam so I took it to a bowtech shop (mine had closed) and as I drew back for him to hear the sound he noticed the crack in the limb. You couldn't hardly see it until the bow was at full draw.

Bowtech took care of me and I haven't had an issue in over a year. But it is still something that is always in the back of my mind when I shoot that bow so I decided to buy a new Prime this spring and will just keep the Experience as a backup for me or any of my buddies who might need it.

12. Xoutdoors

Xoutdoors Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Just like what my proshoppers tell me. You're better off shooting Mathews,PSE, or Hoyt.

13. kurtzgreg1561

kurtzgreg1561 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Well I've personally witnessed a catastrophic limb failure and the bow exploded sent pieces flying everywhere. The arrow went straight up into the ceiling and one limb hit the guys wrist causing a heavy silver/turquoise watch band to bend quite a bit so it can cause a safety issue. I haven't seen that with these limb failures that were posted but it's definitely possible. Hate to see anyone injured.

Sent from my LG-H631 using Tapatalk

14. trial153

trial153 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    It would take a couple years of in house production to prove to me this issue is fixed. As it is now I wouldn't trust a hunt to a bowtech, I am flying into the backcountry and having a debilitating Limb failure. There is already enough crap to go wrong

15. swatrrts

swatrrts Newb

Dislikes Received:
  16. tree_ghost

Dislikes Received:
    I've heard bad things about every bow manufacturer on the market. The flip side of that is for every bad thing I hear about a company, there are 100 good things I hear about them.

17. alaska at heart

alaska at heart Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Not trying to be insensitive or piling on here, but there is a meme of a bomb squad member all suited up with the caption, "OK, I am ready to shoot my Bowtech!". Some affectionately refer to them as "Blowtech". Never owned one......never shot one.....only held one once and that was my nephew's 2007 Guardian that ended up having an issue as well. Those that love Bowtech are quite loyal, but I am happy to stick with my Primes.

18. DickensCPA

DickensCPA Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    The main concern I would have is what model bow did I have. I've heard for 2017 they brought limb manufacturing in house. Time will tell if that solves their problem. I sure haven't heard of any Reign problems.

My concern would be if I had a model that wasn't in the 2017 lineup - would they be pulling limbs from their old stock. I can't see them scrapping all of those limbs and building up a backstock for previous year bows. Then again I don't know what limbs are interchangeable sans the model sticker.

I'm not a hater on any brand and all brands will have snafus from time to time. However, most of the other brands will tend to jump on it and try to correct it as quick as possible. Most of them are also more of a inconvenience or peeve more so than a danger. Some have slide issues, finish issues, sharp cam issues - etc and usually remedied within the year or within a year or two.

Bowtech has had a major limb issue since 2008(?) Is that when the Admiral was mass recalled? A lot of these people with limb issues have went thru 3 or more sets of limbs. Some can't even get replacement limbs and Lifetime Warranty is pay Bowtech $300 more for another bow.

I have a friend that bought the Chris Kyle tribute bow and his third set of limbs haven't been installed. He's trying to sell it as never been shot with these limbs. He's not on any forum. If you look at AT there's a Bowtech failure (or two) almost weekly. Then look at the mass number of people who don't frequent forums at all.

Tags: