Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility

Leverage Treestands....

Discussion in 'Equipment Reviews' started by tynimiller, Oct 24, 2012.

1. tynimiller

tynimiller Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
  2. dgable

dgable Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I am in the market for a ladder stand. And after watching the video for the ladder stand that Leverage makes, I am very interested. Ill have to do more research first.

3. tynimiller

Dislikes Received:
    let me know if you find and first hand unbiased opinions on any of their stuff. Looks solid, made great, everything seems light as well.

4. dgable

dgable Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Sure, Ill let you know. I think I am going to call up Lancaster Archery and see what the guys think about it down there. Then I might make a trip down there to pick one up.

5. Fitz

Fitz Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    My borther has both LW & Leverage hang-ons. Last I remeber he still liked the LW better. Said it attached to the tree better, especially a more crooked one. He's not on here much, but you can try PMing him (kninedr).

Now, my dad just took delivery on their 18' ladder. We'll be putting it up next week. I don't sit in many ladders, but I always help him put them up. I'll let you know what I think after we do so.

6. Dan

Dan Senior Member

Dislikes Received:
    Before buying my Lone Wolfs I had looked at the Leverage stands. What I did not like about them was how it fit against the tree. The back wedge on the platform won't accommodate smaller trees as well (which I have to hang stand in quite often) and it doesn't bite the tree as well. Same with the top part by the seat. I also like the strap and single post on the Lone Wolf better than the Leverage. Also, the platform on the LW is a bit longer.

As for the Loc-Ons. My brother had one and didn't like it. I don't know which model you're looking at but he had one with the carpet base. He quickly figured out that where we hunt that's a no go because of ice and snow. That sucker gets coated in ice and you step on it, you could be in a world of hurt. I haven't seen their aluminum ones up close, but I've owned too many stands that had a welded mesh platform and I'll never own one again. Too many spots for the stand to creek and make noise.

Of course, this is coming from a LW lover. I have 6 assaults and 4 sets of climbing sticks now and wouldn't trade them for any other stand out there. They truly are stands that will last a lifetime.

7. tynimiller

Dislikes Received:

Yeah the creaking of mesh bases is true...sadly that's all I operate out of at the moment save one summit we got. The Loc-on is more or less my quick go to stand...as they're so small and light. Won't be the most comfortable but good and light....I would not get the carpet kind unless I was gonna only hunt the same day it's hung for the reasons you stated!

Thanks Dan!

Also Fitz thanks I may just pm him!

8. kninedr

kninedr I'm not a

Dislikes Received:
    I have two LW Alphas and one Leverage. Leverage is a decent stand, but nothing beats a LW for gripping the tree, hunter stability and quietness when shifting weight around.

If it's in your budget spend the extra $40 and never look back.

9. Cablebob

Cablebob Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    This is a great thread! I was also looking into leverage. Looks like I'll probably go LW.

10. Afflicted

Afflicted Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I like the leverage sticks better for straight trees.

11. ILLbowhunter

ILLbowhunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I have the Leverage Deluxe Hang-on 5150 and a few LW Alpha's. I like the armrests on the Leverage. It is a very light stand. I like the footrest on that stand over the Lone Wolf footrest also. But for the price and overall stand design and stuff, I'd rpobably go with another LW Alpha.