*** Lethal Injection - Team 7***

Discussion in '2015 Deer Contest' started by LowbanksArcher, Aug 16, 2015.

1. Ghilie

Ghilie Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    What a giant! I think I would fall out of my tree stand if I saw that...

2. Ghilie

Ghilie Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Bad run of luck the last few days for me. Zigging when I should be zagging. New game plan in effect tomorrow morning, let's hope it works.

3. vermontwhitetail

vermontwhitetail Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    That boy is a beast! Good luck Wibowhntr!!

4. vermontwhitetail

Dislikes Received:
    Back in the VT stand tomorrow morning. First day of VT gun season, but I'll be out with the bow! It's buck only, so if a doe comes by I have to let it walk. I'll be hunting on my own land. It's posted and so is the neighbor so I should not have any company other then the deer. Hopefully there is enough hunting pressure that the bucks look for a quiet spot, plus I have about 40 apple trees on my property and a stream, plus lots of cover. The deer began chasing last weekend and just in the last two days I've seen some nice buck running around. I almost hit a nice 8 with my truck this evening at about 1830, so they are on the move. See ya all in the morning!!!

5. Ghilie

Ghilie Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    First half of the week I struggled getting on deer. Thursday afternoon I had an awesome encounter with my buddy. Cold, rainy, foggy November day. We did some spot and stalk ground hunting. Got to within 90 yards of a big 7, as well as called in a 6 to 41 yards. No shot, but that was a lot of fun. Last night I watch a small fork breed a doe, first time I have ever witnessed that. I was just making lunch and looked out the window and sure enough the same buck was with the doe walking right past my house. Headed out now, keep at it guys!

6. wibowhntr

wibowhntr Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Good luck guys. Plan on getting out Thursday and Friday this week. Saturday starts WI's 9 day gun season followed by 10 day muzzleloader season. Good news is that I have until the beginning of January to fill my bow tags. Also the farmers corn field on the lease is so wet that he won't be able to get in to finish combining it until after the ground freezes so we should have an awesome late season. I love hunting in the snow!

7. Ghilie

Ghilie Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Gun season began earlier this week, cutting out some of the areas I hunt until the later season. Still seeing tons and tons of does but the bucks still allude me. I pulled a couple of cams this week and I zigged when I should have zagged last week. The 14th and 16th I had two different 8's on a scrape right near my stand same time each day. As luck would have it I hunted different areas those days. Going to try and focus on food here as the temps start to drop and just maybe I'll put myself on a decent buck.

8. bushnlo

bushnlo Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Shot another buck with the bow!Got this one in PA chasing does :) image.jpg

9. bushnlo

bushnlo Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I am going to take my daughter out tomorrow and hopefully shoot a doe with her .she is 7 years old and can't hunt yet but I want to start teaching her how to blood trail and have her watch me gut a deer.

10. wibowhntr

Dislikes Received:
    Congrats Bushnlo you are having a great year!

11. bushnlo

bushnlo Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    We got our doe! It was really fun sitting with her and trying to keep a 7 year old really quiet for a bow shot :) lol .she did really awesome and even caught the kill on film for me on my big camera!
    image.jpg

12. LowbanksArcher

LowbanksArcher Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Awesome! Congrat's!

13. vanfossen

vanfossen Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Well team my bow season has been very slow and hot this year and brought my gun out and dusted it off after not using it for 4 years for gun season this past money, being this late in the season I wanted to increase my odds a little bit more to get sum meat in the freezer and 4:48 good buck down. Went to my glory spot , wind was perfect , temp was in high 30s to low 40s with on and off precipitation. When I went up there , there were several fresh scrapes like every year and that's what he came to check and smoked him at 25 yards, he read the script and wish I'd had my bow lol. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. vanfossen

Dislikes Received:
    He wasn't the one I was after but he's a mature good looking buck, I'd seen tank ( the one I was after ) once during prerut when it was in the 60s to 70s when I was moving my stand. I'll get him next year. I'm going back out in a couple weeks to lay down sum does with the bow and put sum points on the board.

15. vanfossen

Dislikes Received:
    Lmao it was hell dragging him out of my glory spot and getting him on my jeep

16. wibowhntr

Dislikes Received:
    Big doe down in WI. Shot her at 16:45 at 30 yards. Hit her a little further back because she took a step when I shot. She probably went 200-300 yards. Even though I hit her back a little there was good blood at impact. I found my arrow after about 30 yards and it was covered with blood so I decided to track her. When I found her she was stiff as a board. The mile drag out was a little brutal but was glad I brought my sled and we had a little snow so once I got her to the field it wasn't too bad except going up the big hill. I found walking backwards up the hill seemed easier than going forward. Sorry for the bad pic...don't like taking garage photos but I was beat when I got home.
    [​IMG]

17. LowbanksArcher

LowbanksArcher Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Congrats on the doe wibowhntr. That's definitely a long drag with a doe that size.

18. wibowhntr

Dislikes Received:
    It was from the same tree that I missed the big buck out of.

19. Ghilie

Ghilie Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Checking back in guys. Sorry I went MIA for awhile, had a ton of stuff going on. Tag soup for me this year. Looking back I passed roughly 24 shots on does and a fork. Not the best season for me, but I had fun. Hope everyone had a great Christmas and New Years.

20. vermontwhitetail

Dislikes Received:
    Well boys. Looks like our team has been pretty absent, to include me! Back in the stand in NJ this afternoon. Be In stand through Saturday. I'll see if I can put an arrow in something. The locals say it's been really slow, most activity nocturnal. But I'm out here and gonna give it a try. There is sign in this bow hunting only spot and I'm right next door to a gun season local, so hopefully the deer all fled to my side of the road. Wish me luck!