Let’s talk recurve!

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by Peggman1, Aug 8, 2019.

1. Peggman1

Peggman1 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    hello fellow bow hunters. I’m still pretty new to the recurve seen but I’m all ears in any advice. I have been lucky enough to be drawn into the Oklahoma Mcalester hunt this year which is tradition equipment only. So like I said any advice will help. I don’t see myself as a bad shot with a recurve but we can all use more practice and maybe some of y’all can give me some tricks to try and make me a better bow hunter in general. Thank you all and gods speed

2. Mod-it

Mod-it Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    There is a "traditional archery" subject a few down from this one, you'll probably get more responses there. I'd start this thread there or have a mod move this one. Good luck with your hunt!

3. virginiashadow

virginiashadow Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    From my recurve days. Good practice is better than volume. When I first started I was so worried about making a bad shot that i'd probably shoot several thousand shots a month, for many months. I started getting muscle fatigue and my form suffered. After the first season I switched over to perfect practice. I would shoot 30 to 40 shots a day instead of 100 to 150 shots a day and it really helped. Concentrate on staring a hole into where you want your arrow to hit and really emphasize a release where your bow doesnt move on the release.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2019