Lessons Learned

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by Birdswacker, Oct 1, 2016.

1. Birdswacker

Birdswacker Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I learned a valuable lesson last night. I got off work a little early and finally was able to get out for a first sit of the year. I ran home grabbed my gear and was off to my spot. When I got there I grabbed my scent lock tote and opened it up and just about fell over backwards. Apparently I put something away last December either damp or wet. It was a moldy odor that took my breath away. I knew everything still fit and stuff and was in good condition so I never opened it. I had probably a grand worth of clothes in there that I've been washing with vinegar and scent soap. Hopefully the odor goes away.

Lucky for me I was gonna sit in my blind anyway.

LESSON= always check my clothes along with the normal stuff

2. montec

montec Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Another lesson....if you haven't had an interest in using ozone , this would be a perfect time to prove it's effectiveness. A good dose of ozone for a couple of hrs should remove any trace of mold or mildew. I was blown away a few yrs ago when a hot water tank leaked into the downstairs bedroom. After things were dry , there was a strong musty smell. About 2 hrs worth of running my Ozonics in there removed all traces. Still to this day the smell has not returned.