Legit Sub-$100.00 Cameras Worthy Of Considering

Discussion in 'Trail Cameras' started by tynimiller, Aug 21, 2017.

1. Sliverflicker

Sliverflicker Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Mostly hunt Public land around the house in Michigan so the MPe 6 Coverts are great for what we need them for and if one walks away were not out that much.

tynimiller likes this.
  2. foodplot19

foodplot19 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Just rec'd the Apeman H45. It's all set up. I'm going to place it with one of our Reconyx. I know it's not a fair fight, but if you're going to fight, fight the champ first. It's in a place that we get quite a few pic's. I'll post the comparisons in a few days.

CoveyMaster likes this.
  3. Siman/OH

Siman/OH Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I got a pile of Bushnell Essentials E3s for $69.99 this year and a few Stealth GN42s for $29.99. Both have been good but the Bushnell has been superior. Except that a few have flashes that are way too powerful and don't auto-adjust for some reason.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. bucksnbears

bucksnbears Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Simon. Where did you find the stealthcams so cheap?

Nice pics!

5. tynimiller

tynimiller Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Nice bud, I've always thought about a few of the E3s for a few heavy Ag spots I have...the high strength "flash" is great for field edges reaching out...but frustrating if anything is close.

6. Siman/OH

Dislikes Received:
    Very frustrating.

tynimiller likes this.
  7. Siman/OH

Dislikes Received:
    Sears chad ****s inventory from last year. Pretty disappointed in the Stealth Cams honestly. The picture quality is GARBAGE for 2017.

tynimiller likes this.
  8. tynimiller

Dislikes Received:
    Picked up to my own amazement two of the Bresser $19.99 cams on a whim one night. They got delivered yesterday and I've tested them in the house....here are my thoughts:

Well.....they far exceed $19.99...but would never put them as competition to anything else I've owned personally.

Pros:
    -Images are better quality than I would have thought...sure not incredible by any stretch but for survey purposes they would do the trick.
    -Small and hard to find if you don't utilize the straps and utilize the screw/nail hanging feature instead. Straps are the #1 thing I think that give cams away due to not many circle lines around trees exist in nature in such a manner.
    -Cost.

Cons:
    -NO IMAGE DATE. No timestamp on the photos...and the camera itself to the best of my knowledge will not program the date into it for "image modified or created dates" on the actual photo file on the Micro-SD. Not a fan at all of this.
    -Micro SDs....not a true con but some would say it is more of a con than a pro.

Unknowns:
    -Reliable?
    -Batter Life?

Will be putting them out just to see what we think here soon.

9. Rick James

Rick James Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    tynimiller likes this.
  10. tynimiller

Dislikes Received:
    After the Bresser's I doubt I mess with experimenting with lower ones, however....I would really love to hang some deep and high in KY public to scout and not "care as much" if stolen....otherwise Radix holds my $150+ spot and Covert holds my $80-$120 spot.

11. Marauder

Marauder Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    One that I could recommend is the SpyPoint Force 10. It's right at 100 dollars and might be able to find it cheaper other places. I own the Force 11D which is a step up from the Force 10 and am please so far with them. What I think is neat about the Force 10 at it's price point is that is offers a viewing screen, quick trigger speed, only takes 6 AAs, and has video mode.

https://www.spypoint.com/EN/products/ultra-compact-trail-camera/product-FORCE-10.html

12. Windwalker7

Windwalker7 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I always run cheap cams. I recently got a couple Bushnell Essential E3 and An Aggressor. I did the trade in deal at ****s with a couple cameras that didn't work. I also had coupons. Got them for $59 and $79.

I also run a Muddy Pro Cam and some WGI Terra6 and some old WGI 's and some 7 year old Tasco's. The old WGI 's are about 5 or 7 years old and still work. I only do video and don't do photo. Here is a video I did recently where you can compare quality.

Sent from my SM-S902L using Tapatalk

13. boonerville

boonerville Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    These are a couple pics from my $24 Tasco I picked up at Wally World. Day pics are decent....night pics are garbage unless deer is super close. But the detection zone is actually pretty good. It picked up deer on the edge of the frame, and walking by at 70+ feet. 00000238.JPG 00000325.JPG 00000267.JPG

14. tynimiller

Dislikes Received:
    Like I said a buddy of mine swears by these stinking things. He daytime pics always seem over saturated but are solid especially considering the price...now granted his typically don't have Iowa studs in them :biggrin:

boonerville likes this.
  15. sethf11

sethf11 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Stay tuned to Jet.com. The price fluctuates but they are $75 at times and you get 15% off on your first 3 orders. You can grab the Spypoint Force 10 for $67 shipped.

Marauder likes this.
  16. Marauder

Marauder Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    At 67.00 shipped that is a steal of a deal for that quality of camera!

17. frenchbritt123

frenchbritt123 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
  18. Windwalker7

Windwalker7 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I wondered how good they might be but didn't get any. Now they are out of stock at my local Walmarts. How good are the videos?

Sent from my SM-S902L using Tapatalk

boonerville likes this.
  19. boonerville

boonerville Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    haven't set any on video. not sure I will. I'm basically using them to monitor spots I have a hunch about or places where there is a theft risk

20. foodplot19

foodplot19 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Ok, after deleting the first group of pic's from the apeman H45 I finally have another group of pic's.
    If you are looking for a camera to use to find out what is in the area, I believe this is a good camera for that. If you are looking for one to take pictures that you are going to frame, this isn't the one. It seems to have a quicker than the 1 second advertised trigger speed based on some of the photos I've looked at. The down side of this cameras is the inability to adjust the sensitivity. I have too many limbs near the camera. It has been fairly breezy here this week and it shows. The infrared is more like spot light than a flood light. It isn't too bright when there is an object in front of the camera but when it isn't, there is a noticeable "spot" light. The range at night is not very good, but the range during the day is very good. It would be a good camera to put in a place that theft is a problem. For $60, I'm happy with it. It is a very small camera, almost Radix size.

Attached Files:

CoveyMaster likes this.