Legend falls.

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by Slugger, Nov 17, 2019.

1. CoveyMaster

CoveyMaster Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Good grief...

2. Vabowman

Vabowman Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    If you ever find yourself south of the Mason/Dixon Line, look me up. I will make sure you get a top notch dog hunt in before you leave.. you can carry a gun or not, but you should at least partake in one day and then base your decision off that. The invitation stands for ever.

trial153 and Bear bow shooter like this.
  3. Lung Buster

Lung Buster Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    VABowman what part of Virginia do you live?

4. Vabowman

Dislikes Received:
    20 mins southeast of Richmond

5. Lung Buster

Lung Buster Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    My brother lives in Chincoteague and a few of his friends hunt them with dogs.

6. Vabowman

Dislikes Received:
    ok ,yeh that's a bit a ways from me, I hunt in Sussex county.

7. CoveyMaster

Dislikes Received:
    No thanks, couldn't pay me enough to partake in that. It goes against my core beliefs as a conservationist and a naturalist. That's like inviting me out to go spotlighting deer from the county roads because it's a "fun tradition". I don't have to participate in an act I consider classless and unsportsmanlike to deem it as such because someone else thinks it's fun...that's pretty gross.

8. Vabowman

Dislikes Received:
    ok, just thought I would put it out there for you. as far as classless and unsportsmanlike , I disagree. I don't think I am classless or unsportsmanlike, I mean I ain't saying Im the cream of crop...lol.. but you certainly have that right to that belief. no hard feelings, it's just a difference of morality. one question though. Should dogs be used to hunt any game at all?

Last edited: Nov 20, 2019
  9. MattFromVT

MattFromVT Newb

Dislikes Received:
    You guys know liberals hunt too, right? The world isn't divided into outdoorsmen and communists.

10. trial153

trial153 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    The only thing classless is your response. A gentleman gives you a sincere invitation and that's how you answer?
    Seems like your the person with no class. A man raised right would politely decline and thank the person for the invitation.

early in and Vabowman like this.
  11. trial153

Dislikes Received:
    Its amazing the how much the right wing wackos have in common with the left wing wackos. The only lenses they see though are their own.

Vabowman likes this.
  12. Vabowman

Dislikes Received:
    IMG_1039.jpg
    Yeh I don't know any liberals down here in the south that hunt...not one. There may be some, but not in my area that I know. And, I will not change my speech about liberalism or my thoughts just because it may offend someone.. that's the problem we are facing today. Men have to be emasculated and brainwashed in order to fit in and be PC.. Not this old boy. feelings are meant to be hurt, it builds character. MY oldest boy being "classless" and "unsportsmanlike" this past Saturday...

Last edited: Nov 20, 2019
    early in and trial153 like this.
  13. CoveyMaster

Dislikes Received:
    Just seems that way because you're a dumbass but thanks for playing.

14. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    My comment had nothing in it where I made a claim that liberals do not hunt.

15. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I become a right wing wacko because a poster completely misses the point in my comment? One would think a barrister would rationally ponder a comment and it's context before adding an additional nonsensical response.

16. BowedUp

BowedUp Newb

Dislikes Received:

I'm from the deep south and have never participated in a dog drive...however, I have certainly benefited from someone else's! lol.
    To me, its one of those things where you have to just say "to each their own". I don't condemn it at all even though I don't have the desire to do it. Where we hunt, we put tons of work into our property to try build success. The one thing I dislike most about dog drives is the fact that the dogs obviously don't see property lines. When you put in all the time and money and effort to grow and HOLD mature bucks on your property, it can be maddening to have a couple dogs go stray and wonder to the center of your property and kick your #1 buck up and out of his bed and right off your property to be shot by the lotto winners. But to be fair, once the rut comes along and Mr. Big from the neighbors property comes wondering over to mine to look for does, I certainly won't be sparing him just because he didn't live on our side. So I would be a hypocrite for condemning anyone else for doing the same. When I was younger, I used to shake my head in frustration at the sounds of dogs going wild in the nearby woods while I was in my tree stand, thinking "there goes my hunt". Now, when I hear the sounds of the dogs nearby, I stand up and ready my weapon as there's usually a 50/50 chance that a deer who is not even being pursued by those dogs still ends up evading the commotion and comes trotting out right in front of you. Live and let live!

17. CoveyMaster

Dislikes Received:
    I don't know you so I can't say if you are or not but a person can participate in classless and unsportsmanlike activities without being a complete classless and unsportsmanlike person. You seem like a good dude, I just can't abide running deer with dogs as a sport. I know a lot of guys that poach deer that are also good guys for the most part but that doesn't mean I agree with their habit or would want to participate.
    Bird dogs are generally well controlled and can be kept with the hunters and on the hunting property. Bears can be and are hunted without dogs, pigs the same. What does that leave, cougars, coons? I don't have an opinion on those either way I guess. I really don't like the premise of some bunch of knuckle heads being able to legally run dogs through people's property who do not want them running through there to flush game off the property into a gauntlet of people lined up with rifles in a firing line.

18. trial153

Dislikes Received:
    It was stated as a generality. However if the wacko shoe fits you my friend your welcome to wear it. Not that you should though, myself I think your more tilted verses a leaning wacko.

19. fred_Bump

fred_Bump Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    It’s illegal to hunt deer with dogs here in KY. That being said, I wouldn’t do it if it were legal. In my opinion, it’s unsportsmanlike conduct. Dogs will run a deer to death, I have witnessed it. I know just what to do if I see a dog running a deer on my property.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20. Vabowman

Dislikes Received:
    I understand.. but is it unsportsmanlike to run rabbits or quail or coons with dogs?