Latest Score Card Update, **Please Read**

Discussion in '2013 Bowhunting.com Deer Contest' started by Fitz, Nov 15, 2013.

1. CoveyMaster

CoveyMaster Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    This passed the point of fun prodding a long time ago back when I first started responding to jibes being laid all over the forum after they had been going on for a long time already. When the little clique good old boy groups started organized efforts to stir a stink out of more than genuine skepticism. I realize folks are often confident and often over confident in their assumptions and their own ability to guestimate a deer's antler score from pics but the truth is no one is going to be within a few inches of guestimating a score from pics and if they are spot on it's a matter of pure luck. Some of the hero shots are oriented with the hunter way behind the deer with the deer in the foreground making it look 3x larger than it is and the reverse is also true and some others have abnormal points that add inches quickly yet may not be obvious. Others are hunters who are big men and can make the reference point skewed to judge the deer. Honestly any deer submitted can only be scrutinized so close without a hands on investigation. That's in no way meant as an encouragement for folks to cheat but proof that being overly critical on close scores is futile.

Questioning scores that admin and mods had already approved was childish in the first place and was not only unfair to the hunter but also to the admin and mod that approved it already. Unless someone submitted a 120" deer claiming it as 150 or 170...I don't see that it's a probelm that either matters or can be easily prevented.

The only way that conversation can end up is with a requirement to video the measuring process or dumping the contest completely because this type of blather, questioning every submition, just makes it not worth the effort.

2. Lester

Lester Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    There is a lot of season still left and I have been more worried about getting my kids deer than myself. I don't care if there is a bag there or if you shot a Spike buck or a 200" deer I would congratulate you either way but when you have to use a multiplication factor of 12.5% you should expect to take some crap in good fun. This started like all other stuff in the contest and it goes back and forth but some have gotten mad at getting crap but have no problem giving crap. Also I would think someone would be able to give someone crap without having to use **** ***, ******** or @$$wipes you two aren't worth the effort or time but if you want to keep bringing my name up then expect it back.

3. Chago

Chago Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I brought your name up? We're you not in this thread trash talking again before I got here? Who's really bringing up who's name? No you don't use my name. You just make references like a conversion between metric and imperial, when you know I'm Canadian. I can read between the lines. It's ok though I don't mind. Trash talk all you like, my score is in. Good job helping your team out.

4. Fitz

Fitz Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Seriously guys. This is a free contest that is supposed to fun. Why don't we all move forward from this and be done.

5. Chris1982

Chris1982 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    All this back and forth arguing is exactly why I didn't even submit pictures of my 190 inch spike, the over analyzation and drama it would have caused would ruin the fun of the contest for everyone.

6. MUDSHARK

MUDSHARK Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Cant we all get along, PLEASE

7. CoveyMaster

CoveyMaster Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Agreed.....

8. Lastoneout

Lastoneout Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Dude you shot a 190 " spike and your with holding this info from your fellow teammates .... Smh

9. Chago

Chago Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    LMAO that just made my day

10. tynimiller

tynimiller Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I told him he had to till he adds the spread...thing could touch 200 folks!!

11. Lastoneout

Lastoneout Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I wonder if Fitz would let me add an extra 24 5/8 pts to my doe .... I really wanted 200" club