Late Season Doe

Discussion in 'Whitetail Deer Hunting' started by Buckeye Bowhunter, Feb 2, 2022.

1. Buckeye Bowhunter

Buckeye Bowhunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    It’s been a long tough season without very many opportunities. I missed a doe early season on public land and that was pretty much it for me as far as shot opportunities. A couple weeks ago we got about 15 inches of snow and it turned pretty cold as well. I noticed that the deer were digging through the snow to get down to the clover and turnips that are there but weren’t really showing up in daylight. I threw out some corn mix I picked up somewhere and within 24 hours they were showing up quite a bit in daylight so I decided to see if I could get one for the freezer. Last Friday, January 28, the deer started coming in about 4:40 PM. The first two were a button buck and a doe fawn and then the third one was a decent size doe. I let it fly while it was still walking and hit it lower third right behind the shoulder. The arrow zipped through and I was able to watch the deer go down about 80 yards away. The drag out was only about 300 yards but with all the deep snow it was a lot harder than I thought it would be. First Saddle kill, first late season deer, and first deer kill filmed as well. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. LittleChief

LittleChief Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    Congratulations on the doe, and great shot!

3. arrowflinger1

arrowflinger1 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Way to go! Nice shot

4. Suncrest08

Suncrest08 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Congrats !