Late season clothing

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by 18andrew, Jul 31, 2016.

1. 18andrew

18andrew Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    When hunting late season do you layer up with a bunch of shirts and wear a hoodie or do you use a specific jacket or one piece? I just ripped my one piece last year and I'm in the market for a nice warm jacket that's easy to draw back with unlike my one piece suit was. Any recommendations?

2. JDUB

JDUB Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Depends on how much you want to spend. I have dedicated early, mid and late season gear. Look at First Lite Sanctuary, Sitka Fanatic, Predator Ambush jackets. I have the Sitka Fanatic and love it. I like that you only really need a decent base layer on and then the jacket. Movement is much better that way IMO
    You can find first lite and Sitka lightly used on Archerytalk classifieds for probably 40% off retail if youre patient.
    The Predator jacket looks sweet but I havent seen in person, the First Lite is good stuff.

3. pastorjim08

pastorjim08 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Due to my huge weight loss last year I needed all new camo. I'm a research kinda guy and I researched this subject for months and this is what I came up with. I'm sure Sitka and First Lite are great and the reviews are as well. In the end I just couldn't justify wrapping $700 to $800 in a set of clothing that's going to sit around in totes most of the year. I ended up with the Cabelas Berber Extreme parka for about $240 bucks and I bought the matching pants used for about $50. I haven't had a chance to wear it in the cold yet but I'm sure this stuff will do the job. When I started narrowing things down to my final choice, my finalists were Cabelas 10 point series, Cabelas Silent Suede, Cabelas Wooltimate-the whitetail series, Browning Hells Canyon, and of course the Berber extreme. I know it's a big investment so good luck with your choice. Hope this helps.

Blessings.........Pastorjim

4. 18andrew

18andrew Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I have a cabelas opening right next to me August 11th I'll go check that cost out!

5. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Berber fleece with wind stopper and high quality long underwear.

6. SharpEyeSam

SharpEyeSam Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I have a Gridlock Suit that I use along with UA Cold Gear 4.0 base layers.